Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / New Releases & Stuff For Sale / PRE-ORDER Pete Dello and Friends 'Into Your Ears' LP on GKL
Posted: Oct 18, 2016 5:30 pm | Edited by: jnobody

Orders are now open for the latest LP import release on Got Kinda Lost Records (in collaboration with the Guerssen Label Group):

Pete Dello and Friends
Into Your Ears

Catalogue no: GKL007
Label: GOT KINDA LOST
Format: Vinyl LP
Release Date: Fall 2016
UPC: 4040824086596
Territory: Worldwide
Genre: File Under – D – Rock/Pop

Originally issued in 1971 by Nepentha Records—presided over by Kinks/Troggs manager Larry Page—Into Your Ears is the sole full-length offering from Honeybus founder member Pete Dello (assisted by a coterie of close friends).The album is a wonderful, timeless work of incisive, plaintive folk-pop balladry and buoyant, idiosyncratic creations, led along by Dello's honeyed voice (which eases effortlessly into falsetto) and expertly executed arrangements featuring minor orchestrations.

Into Your Ears represents the zenith of Dello's songwriting, comprised primarily of tunes written specifically for this project (supplemented by a few tracks intended for Honeybus which were re-cut for the occasion). The songwriting reflects a jovial playfulness, but also feelings of intense lovelorn longing, hope, wistfulness and moments that could serve as a great soundtrack to a break-up (with the brightness of delivery never making them ache with depression). Everything on Into Your Ears comes from personal life experiences, even if twisted through a unique prism, with the deep emotions, whimsical moments and orchestration that never clutters the arrangements all achieving perfect balance. But, above all, the songs resonate with a pure dedication to "pop" and beckon you to listen in repetition, until they're at one with your very existence. There's something present, timeless and at times nearly indescribable about this very special set of songs that can't be pinpointed by simple equation.

Widely regarded by Honeybus fans, '60s-'70s collectors and anyone who's happened into its beatific orbit, Into Your Ears is a lost classic deserving of further exposure.

RIYL: Ray Brooks, Duncan Browne, John Cale's Paris 1919, Ray Davies (The Kinks), Bill Fay, Nick Garrie, the early careers of Ralph McTell and Clifford T. Ward, etc.

Highlights:
· Got Kinda Lost Records continues with their series of under-heard heroes of pop with our seventh label release from Honeybus founder member Pete Dello.

· Recorded in 1971 while carrying a timeless songwriting flair sure to appeal to fans of '60s/'70s pop, as well as its modern indie outgrowths.

· Exhaustive liner notes (5,000+ words) culled from interviews with Jeremy Cargill (Ugly Things / Got Kinda Lost), presenting the most thorough examination of Dello's career to date.

· Original gatefold LP artwork restored, illustrated by Roger Dean (infamous for working with British progressive groups, Vertigo Records, Uriah Heep, Yes, etc.), standing as one of the few non-progressive music projects he's been involved in during his long career.

Tracklist:

A01 It's What You've Got (3:18)
A02 There's Nothing That I Can Do for You (2:38)
A03 I'm A Gambler (3:18)
A04 Harry The Earwig (2:25)
A05 Do I Figure In Your Life (2:43)
A06 Uptight Basil (2:44)

B01 Taking The Heart Out of Love (2:56)
B02 On A Time Said Sylvie (2:27)
B03 A Good Song (3:03)
B04 It's The Way (2:09)
B05 Go Away (2:26)
B06 Arise Sir Henry (2:44)

ORDER HERE!

**ALL COPIES ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM THE GKL BigCartel PAGE WILL INCLUDE BONUS MATERIALS—buttons, prints and the like—AT NO ADDITIONAL COST, JUST MAKE SURE TO SELECT THAT OPTION FROM THE PAGE.**

[[[10,001 Dreams UPDATE: Due to some pressing plant mishaps, the LP edition of 10,001 Dreams has been delayed. The CD's are ready and soon being shipped to me from Spain, but the tentative release date for the LP edition is slated as 12/2 by Guerssen. The first pressing came back with considerable noise on the second LP and the whole batch has to be re-pressed, sadly. Though, for anyone who has pre-ordered 10,001 Dreams I'll offer the unlucky price-break of 13% off--refunded after checkout--the price of Into Your Ears (and same goes for anyone that chooses to pre-order now both before I receive my shipment of Into Your Ears, which should be the next 3-4 weeks).]]]
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®