Posted: Aug 27, 2015 3:32 pm
PRE-ORDERS are now open for the latest release on Got Kinda Lost Records on LP, CD and MP3.
Catalogue no: GKL004 / GKL004CD
Label: GOT KINDA LOST
Format: Vinyl LP / CD
Release Date: 9th September
UPC: 4040824085537/ 4040824085544
Those who’ve dirtied their fingers searching high and low for analog synth nuggets can rejoice at the arrival of under-the-radar synthesizer maverick “Rocket” Robert Moore.
Less a reissue than an exhumation—what with a scant, hand-screened 142 copies produced in 1982 that circulated little outside the confines of Oregon state—Rocket Robert drifts in the backward-looking sounds of early synth innovators, while equally mining the kraut-tinged moments of punk-era instro synth explorers and the first breaths of synth-pop, rather than carrying similarities to the “New Wave” that was then talking hold of the masses.
Issued by Moore’s own Salem, Oregon-based Future Records in 1982, his eponymous debut is simultaneously light-hearted and shot-though with ominous oscillations and offers up a darkly-throbbing, other-worldly vibe that is sure to ensnare synth-heads, beat-diggers and those searching the margins of the private-press alike.
Got Kinda Lost Records is over the moon to allow this singular, unique album another chance to shine.
RIYL: Delia Derbyshire, Fad Gadget, Mort Garson, Gershon Kingsley, Martin Rev, Morton Subotnick, etc.
"Unclassifiable outsider synth-damage not unlike Bite-era Bruce Haack and Damon Edge of Chrome collaborating, or weirdo proto-new wavers like Ghostwriters, Pulsar, Todd Tamanend Clark, or a non-operatic Klaus Nomi. Better yet, imagine a Grandmaster Flash-obsessed Kluster retreating into a stoney basement with Richard Pinhas—if that makes no sense, you're on the right path
." - Steven “Plastic Crimewave” Krakow (Galactic Zoo Dossier
• First time reissue of this under-the-radar synth nugget, with original master tape sound.
• Recorded in 1982 while having more in common with ‘60s analog synthesizer innovators or ‘70s German followers of the flame, providing the album an “out of time” quality.
• Includes two previously unreleased spaced-out-electro-pop songs from the album sessions.
• Insert features informative liner notes by Dave Segal (Staff Writer for Seattle’s alternative weekly The Stranger
), culled from interviewing the artist and rare photos from Robert Moore’s archives.
• LP housed in an old-school-style tip-on sleeve.
• CD edition features a full-color insert with many images not featured in LP edition.
Follow link for DOWNLOADS and clips: https://guerssenrecords.bandcamp.com/album/rocket-robert.
Space Bass Blues – Star Flight – Walking in Space – Space Shuttle – Journey Into the Unknown – I’ve Got My Helmet On [Bonus] – Terrestrial Beings – Docking in Space – Creations Beginning – Dance of the Droids – Deltoids in Space – Bottomless Pit of Space – Living in This Station [Bonus]
GO ON AND GET YOURS AT: http://gotkindalostrecords.bigcartel.com/