Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / New Releases & Stuff For Sale / Out October 28th from Black Gladiator: GINO and the GOONS, SICK THOUGHTS, THE MONSIEURS!
Posted: Oct 15, 2014 1:20 pm

All are co-releases with Slovenly Recordings.

Gino and the Goons "Shake It!" LP / Cassette (both with download)

Preview / pre-order here: https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/gino-and-the-goons-shake-it-lp

Gino and the Goons are the most unlikely band to have gotten any attention in the current shitpool of rock'n'roll posecrap. Fakes are plenty, and everyone seems to be buying it, but we're happy to be wiping our asses with it. Late 2012 saw the release of The Goons' debut self-released LP. The 300 copies only press was a goner in no time flat, but the sickos at Total Punk rushed out a reissue to meet the demands of of the desperate, and quickly followed with the "Troubled" 7inch, the sleeve of which I just devalued by setting it in the condensation on my desk of my 11th beer of the night. This slab was promptly answered by the weirdos at Pelican Pow Pow, with the release of the "Oh Yeah!" single, and it's even soggier than than the sleeve I just ruined. In 2014, Gino and the Goons and Black Gladiator have sniffed each others asses just enough to have come to the understanding that if we're gonna do a record together, it's gotta be the baddest shit. THE BADDEST SHIT. This is the album you wanted to be budget rock. This is the album you wanted to be dumb as fuck. This is the album that fails on both levels. This is the album that proves that Ramones worship doesn't have to be predictable or generic. This is the album that proves that rock'n'roll doesn't have a fashion, and that musical style rules supreme. PLAY LOUD cuz, 'cause you're not likely to get this action for many years to come. R.I.P. Joey, Dee Dee, Johnny and Tommy!

The Monsieurs "The Monsieurs" LP with download / CD

Preview / pre-order here: https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/the-monsieurs

Black Gladiator busted out the gate hard in 2010 with our first release: a reissue of the awe-inspiring crudfest "Rockin' Rollin' Bitches" LP by Brookline, MA's TUNNEL OF LOVE. Two years later we continued to spread this unique brand of ear piercing whomp with an LP release by TOL member Anthony Macbain's THE PSYCHED project. Now, in 2014, we're still in the game of furthering this demented agenda with THE MONSIEURS. This is Anthony's older brother Andy's forte and peak, as the musically tortured leader and originator of Tunnel of Love. With The Monsieurs, Macbain has fine-tuned his horrific delivery and concept without sacrificing any dBs. With the man himself solely on vocals and backed by two blonde bombshells, Hilken Mancini and Erin King on guitar and drums respectively, The Monsieurs are unleashing indubitable rockin' rollin' noise with sharp aesthetics, aggression and a perfect amount of pop sensibility, making this platter just palatable enough for those too timid to take the plunge into Tunnel of Love's sonic cesspool.

Sick Thoughts "Fat Kid with a 10inch" Large hole 10" w/ poster (no download unless you buy from Bandcamp)

Preview / pre-order here: https://slovenly.bandcamp.com/album/sick-thoughts-fat-kid-with-a-10-inch-comes-with-p oster

Have you ever been to Hanover, PA? I've spent time there, and It's WEIRD. Hanover is lousy with mongoloids /Juggalos and slack jawed farm people. Drew Owen, otherwise known as SICK THOUGHTS, was born there, and through the benevolent seer abilities of his dad was fortunate enough to escape to Baltimore, MD, currently ranked in the top 30 most dangerous cities in the USA. Monsieur Owen has somehow overcome his geographically debilitating boundaries, and with the aid of no one but his own 17 year old genius, has vinyl releases on labels from Italy (Goodbye Boozy), Sweden (Ken Rock), Zaxxon (Canada), and a few American imprints, including an upcoming single on Memphis' finest, Goner Records. This large hole 10" on Black Gladiator is the nastiest recording we've heard yet from this pudgy, pimple faced fucker. Sick Thoughts channels GG and the Jabbers and Japanese noise with heavy negatory spirit on each track - a sonically screwed and puberty drenched hatful of hateful punk rock sputum.
Posted: Oct 19, 2014 9:50 pm

I read a recent interview w/Gino on Vice/Noisey and they quoted my review of the Goons' first LP... I will take that as a compliment.
As far as the Sick Thoughts 10"... I've never seen a large hole 10". An old record collector friend of mine used to have a "who has more 10"s?" competition w/me. I think I was winning, but last time I saw him was over 10 years ago. Record collector types be trippin'!
Posted: Nov 4, 2014 10:23 am

These is OUT NOW.

Sal, me and Pete got the idea to start doing large hole 10"s when he came to visit a few years ago an I played that Eyes TAQN large hole 10".
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®