Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 12:55 pm | Edited by: Wire

Email I just received:

I'm very sorry, putting up the Jay Reatard pre-order before 3 was a total mess up. I have to cancel all orders that have been made before 3pm or people will kill us (me). I'm very sorry for giving you this run-around, I know it's probably totally infuriating. Please re-order the record at 3pm. Thanks and again, my apologies
-Dean
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm

You think that's bad, dig this:

To Everyone That Ordered Today,
To start off with, we are deeply sorry about how messed up everything got with the Jay Reatard pre-order. There were a number of frustrations and mess-ups along the way that made ordering this record insanely difficult. It initially got put up too early, and those that ordered it early ended up not being able to re-order during the regular time. The first orders were deleted, but their cancellation wasn't processed in time. Coupled with the slow server speed, a lot of people who signed in very early ended up empty handed.

To make up for this, and make it fair for all of the people that want to order the record we are going to re-start pre-order Tomorrow, 7/15 at 3PM ET. All orders from today are getting cancelled. I know it's even more annoying to go through all of this again but we will work incredibly hard to ensure that there is more room on the server to accommodate traffic, and make sure that we don't have any more "FRAUD" notifications for people that already ordered.

Once again, we're going to do pre-order again Tomorrow, 7/15, at 3PM ET at matadorrecords.com/store

I'm very sorry about this and sincerely hope that we can regain your trust.
304 Hudson St., 7th Floor
New York, NY 10013
Posted: Jul 16, 2008 2:02 am

I already have the first three, but I'm gonna hang in there for the album collecting them all that's supposed to come out; fuck all that bullshit

first one came from a shop in St. Louis and the others came from Goner; I had a bad feeling about dealing with Matador anyway and I'm glad I didn't!!
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 12:23 am

My copy came in the mail on Tuesday.
Posted: Jul 31, 2008 12:32 pm

I got my personal copy that I preordered but still have not seen the copies for the FDH distro (they are all spoken for already)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®