Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / New Releases & Stuff For Sale / how much would goner-types pay for...
Posted: Jul 20, 2007 10:19 pm

a 12-month calendar w/ vintage punk rock photos?
(or any "art" calendar, i guess)

and would you prefer calendars w/ 1 awesome photo per month, or with multiple photos (ie: if we're talking the ramones... instead of one cool pic of any of them, a month w/ all four original ramones)?

i'm looking into making some - and of course, your basic 99 cent store has really lowered the bar for pricing on things like big photo calendars (if you like puppies and horsies)

thank you
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 1:23 am

I'd pay around 15 bucks. There's an added incentive to this also because it would make my choice of calendar much easier than last time I was in Borders for an hour trying to find a calendar that wasn't totally lame.
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 1:27 am

i usually don't buy one because new yorker sends me one cause of subscription, but, yeah i think 10 to 20$ range
Posted: Jul 21, 2007 9:56 pm

thanks for the input.

more opinions....

i'm now debating between an all-stiv-bators calendar, or just 12 assorted punk rockers. i think it should be limited to old school 1976-1980 punk rock days...

on my short list:
stiv bators
dee dee ramone
blondie
the germs
the jam
iggy
the blasters
johnny ramone
belinda carlisle looking like a punk and not glamorous
the avengers
lou reed
john cale

i figure i gotta include ladies in there and its not right w/o at least 2 ramones

thanks again
Posted: Jul 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Theresa, have you seen the 2007 Punk Rock Calendar that Nardwuar released, with phots by Bev Davies? It's excellent. http://www.nardwuar.com/calendar/
Posted: Jul 23, 2007 11:00 pm

thanks. i will check that out now... no use in duplicating stuff. i will offer something different....
Posted: Jul 24, 2007 11:14 pm

The Bev Davies calendar is awesome! I have it in my kitchen. I would be very interested in a new punk rock calendar for 2008, if it were priced at $15 or under.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 3:33 pm

How about a limited edition calendar with those nekkid Belinda pictures? I would pay a good deal more than $15 fer that.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 11:03 pm

thanks for all the input. i'm trying to find a way to get it printed so i can retail it for $12.99 or $13.99, so that it ends up at $15 or under w/ tax...
if anyone has a printer they can recommend, i'm all ears!

and as for that belinda thing... i was thinking of screening those on black velvet ....
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 11:13 pm

If you're gonna ask like that, you'd better be throwing in a set of steak knives.
Posted: Jul 25, 2007 11:20 pm

whatchoo talking about willis? well, no comp nudie belinda for you jack stands!

publishing stuff & selling it is about the worst way to make money ... there's like NO profit! its what you call, um... a loss leader.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 8:01 pm

and as for that belinda thing... i was thinking of screening those on black velvet ....

That would RULE.
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 9:46 pm

nudie belinda

wait. Wait. WAIT! WHAT?!?!?!?!
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 10:01 pm

i've gotta go home and find my noodie belinda pic - the only thing that could top it would be jane n00dz
Posted: Jul 26, 2007 10:35 pm

the only thing that could top it would be jane n00dz

Agreed.
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 12:40 am

i've gotta go home and find my noodie belinda pic -

check your hotmail. belinda variation just emailed
Posted: Jul 27, 2007 5:37 pm

i've gotta go home and find my noodie belinda pic -

check your hotmail. belinda variation just emailed

Aww I want one -or awhole proof sheet! (I'm paypal friendly)
Posted: Jul 28, 2007 12:41 am

check your email dude
Posted: Jul 29, 2007 4:40 pm

How did I miss out on the Belinda noodz (well, except for that issue of Playboy I found a year or so ago at a garage sale)
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 1:04 am

How did I miss out on the Belinda noodz

if you can find me the issue of playboy (i think it is feb 1981) that has my photo of stiv bators & sabel starr w/ her ass exposed (in the grapevine section), and get it for me, i'll GIVE you a noodie belinda. i'll give you another one (another pose) if you can find & get me the issue of OUI (all i know is that its from 1985) where there was a review of the pandoras that used one of my pix of them in bikinis. in this one, they're romping in the waves.

well, that goes for anyone - not just dale
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 6:00 pm

I haven't been to the flea market in over a year or so (ain't been much out there the last few time and reports have been it's lamer than ever) BUT I hear the guy with the massive collection of adult magazines is still out there...I'll have consider taking a trip out there...All this work for a nudie Belinda pic.

TK-Has that Pandoras pic been used other places? It sounds familiar.
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 8:11 pm | Edited by: Stephanie

the thing about the Belinda Playboy issue was that it wasn't even airbrushed well!! Her neck and arm are like blended together weird in one of those photos!

TK, I think you shold have one awesome shot per month (12 assorted punk rockers). That way, after the year is over, people have the option of hanging up the pic (if they desire) - like frame it or something if it was one they liked enough....also, i'd pay 15-20 for sure.
Posted: Jul 30, 2007 8:17 pm

preferably 15 though :)
Posted: Jul 31, 2007 1:02 am

TK-Has that Pandoras pic been used other places? It sounds familiar.

its the picture sleeve for "Hot Generation" - the shot in Oui was one from that session.

I think you shold have one awesome shot per month (12 assorted punk rockers). That way, after the year is over, people have the option of hanging up the pic (if they desire)

i agree - i've mocked one up like that and am having a prototype made and simultaneously trying to find a place and a way to get it printed so i can sell it for $15 w/o losing a fortune

thanks for all the input everyone
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®