Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / New Releases & Stuff For Sale / OBLIVIANS - "The Jack" 7inch split.. Pretty damned rare, yeah?
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 11:16 pm | Edited by: butchnap

What's up everyone.. I'm getting ready to sell a bunch of stuff on ebay, to pay for more schoolin'. Things like the first White Stripes 7" as well as THIS:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7427471@N04/sets/72157600135218724/

This is a split 7" with the Oblivians covering AC/DC's "The Jack" b/w the Crime Kaisers doing some other AC/DC song.. I got this in Germany (I think!) when the Dirtys were on tour over there. It came with an issue of the magazine Active Detective, and has only been played like twice, no scratches, etc. I've since heard that the record never had an actual run, and only the test pressings exist, and there's only like eight of them (including mine)? Can anyone verify this? Eric & Greg especially! Thanks in advance..

Nick
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 11:58 pm

this came out. unfortunately. there's a few hundred, probably.

rare, but not good.

good luck with it!
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 6:03 am

Rip it to mp3 for us before you sell it!
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 2:54 pm

WOW! I've never even seen that. Please email me a price.

http://www.myspace.com/memphismikenyc
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 8:23 pm | Edited by: cococomas

Rip it to mp3 for us before you sell it!

I second this motion....
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 8:42 pm

Third!
Posted: Apr 28, 2007 12:56 am

good god. it is not good.

listen to ac/dc doing the jack. that is good.
Posted: Apr 28, 2007 1:58 am

good god. it is not good.

precisely why I WANT to hear it...
Posted: Apr 28, 2007 11:31 pm

Aww, that Oblivians take on it ain't all that bad.
Posted: Apr 29, 2007 3:55 am

i think its good
hookorcrook
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 9:20 pm

please post the link if you put it up. dtrain got first dibs on the reacharound i guess but yeah send a price if you;re fishing www.myspace.com/thechrisowen
Posted: Apr 30, 2007 10:12 pm

HAWW!
Posted: May 4, 2007 4:43 pm

I want it!!
500 bucks mother fuckers!!!!
EEEEEEEEEWWWWW!
Posted: May 5, 2007 4:56 pm

Nick,
Just put it up on eBay and let them fight for it.
Posted: May 5, 2007 7:49 pm

Nick,
Just put it up on eBay and let them fight for it.

I will trade a copy of THE OBLIVIANS split w/ Taylor Dayne
only 40 copies, there were more, but Talyor Dayne's record company burned most of the copies beofre they were shipped anywhere. This was back before Taylor Dayne SOLD OUT!!!
Posted: Jul 4, 2007 11:31 pm

I just posted this record on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320134796568

Good luck!

N.
Posted: Aug 1, 2007 9:02 pm

I remember when jack was livin in that complex on Goodbar next to Evans. He played it on the reel to reel. I never knew this got released...Thought I had it all!!!
Posted: Mar 15, 2017 9:26 pm

I have a whole new respect for The Oblivians knowing this. I had no idea the Oblivians covered and released their own version of The Jack. Eric, you're alright in my book in spite of past silliness (I mean, ain't all of us done silly shit in the past?). Memphis dudes know what time it is, after all. We ain't stuck in one thing or another. Crossover, bleedover is alright. Man, me and Jack Daniels salute you and the Oblivians. I wasn't in tune with the local punk scene when yall were happenin'. Dang! Keep up the good work. Gonerfest is fucking fantastic and unique.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®