Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 26, 2007 11:13 pm

Buy my car. Please buy my car.
Incredibly original 1976 Plymouth Volare Station Wagon. V8-318. Trailer hitch already on there. Emerald City green woody outside, Emerald City green pristine "fine Corinthian leather" inside. A looker! 45.500 ORIGINAL MILES. Yes, that's right. Don't ask me how I know it's "really original mileage", I just know. AM/FM radio. Heat, no A/C. Luggage rack. Antique Tags (you'll have to get your own, but it wasn't hard to do. Then you never have to pay car registration again!) $500 worth of original Mopar rubber (hoses and belts) replaced under the hood...along with tune up and oil change. Needs carburetor or idle tweaking. I swear to god every guy who's ever looked at it says, "it just needs some adjusting...". Email me for plenty of pix.
$2500 CASH. (Hell, you could sell the motor for that.)
She's just not the car for me. I'm going to the dark side like Miss Faye and contemplating growing up and getting an Outback. Or, at least another mid 80s Country Squire wagon (RIP).
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 2:28 pm

I'm not exactly "in the market" as they say, but this ride has potential - check it out - what do mean, "not the car for me"?
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 2:37 pm

DRIVER!! Thanks a damned lot!
She doesn't smoke! Well, not a whole lot.

It's too big for me, I don't know how to drive it. It throws me against the door everytime I take a turn...I have to brace myself with my elbow against the door everytime I turn. Also, I think it would help if you knew something, anything, about engines and all that. It's too showy.
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm

oops..."what do you mean"

OK - sorry Alisa. Folks, I was in no way inferring that Alisa tore ass all 'round Memphis, drag racing unsuspecting kids for the pink slips on their moms' cars. But that's pretty much the car, no? (go ahead and email me a picture)
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 5:27 pm

wow. drive it to nebraska and i'll buy it.
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 5:52 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Here are a few pics of her. She IS pretty damned spiffy looking.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisa_in_memphis/sets/72157594560221500/d etail/
Posted: Feb 27, 2007 9:34 pm

I might need that. If only I had any money whatsoever.
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 12:10 am

Only $2500, Scott. Cheap!
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 1:13 am

WOW! I think my aunt & uncle had that exact model & color scheme in the 70's... they drove that car into the ground!
Posted: Feb 28, 2007 2:41 pm

Posted: Mar 7, 2007 6:22 pm

Price has gone down to $2200.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:08 pm

Get the thing to Brooklyn and I'll give ya $500 bucks for it.
Posted: Mar 7, 2007 7:34 pm

Get the thing to Brooklyn and I'll give ya $500 bucks for it.

and you could spray paint gash wagon on the side of it!!!
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 5:07 am

or stabbin' cabin
Posted: Mar 8, 2007 5:11 am

Gash Wagon? Sounds like a new band!
Posted: Mar 13, 2007 8:03 am

i'm actually in the market for a car since mine's totaled. funny enough, i used to own a plymouth volare of the nonstation wagon variety. i hated it when i was 16 years old, but could definitely appreciate it now. i'm waiting on the insurance to settle up. i'll let you know when i find out something.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 2:02 am

It'd be nice to think of you driving it, elle. But it does need some work.
However, I got a new car today (!!!! 92 Camry wagon) so the price is getting better by the minute.
The ex said he was going to take it and have the carburetor rebuilt, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 4:34 am

I knew you would buy a Toyota!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 5:37 pm

I had a 76 Plymouth Valiant. Great car. Wish I still had it. Someone should negotiate on this!
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 5:48 pm

Someone should negotiate on this!
I'm workin' on it...
Posted: Mar 14, 2007 11:53 pm | Edited by: Alisa

Okay...Tony's telling me to go for $1800 firm, as you (and you and you and you) will probably have to put between $500 and $800 in it to get it to smoking hot great car condition.
I don't mean smoking as in big billowing clouds of smoke pouring out the tailpipe...aw, nevermind.

Hey chairman (and saispas, as I seem to recall) I'm eating my words about the Camry. I freaking LOVE this new car. It's the nicest car I've ever had.
Posted: Mar 15, 2007 4:27 am

sounds good. i wanna look at the car soon. i emailed you, alisa. :)

call me!
l
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®