Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / When was the last time you made a meal so bad that you threw it away?
Posted: Dec 8, 2014 6:52 pm

Made this tonight and I thought it was awful and so did the wife:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/ginger-glazed-mahi-mahi/

It's in the garbage now. Used wild caught fresh fish, baked it instead of fried... maybe I just hate mahi mahi?

Pizza on the way.
Posted: Dec 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Recipe seems solid but baked sounds nast. Need to fry it for the crispy crunchy texture and maillardisims.
Posted: Dec 12, 2014 4:47 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

Yeah, I was wondering about the method, a ton of reviews claimed it was great baked, so I gave it a shot. I don't normally listen to anyone, so not sure why i listened to strangers.
Posted: Feb 10, 2015 8:26 pm

I tried to make rice one night and fucked it up, cuz im white.
Posted: Jul 23, 2015 12:19 pm

Sunday, the lady and I went to breakfast at this little greasy spoon by my place. We sat at the counter and ordered. They were slammed as always. Anyways, I ordered the breakfast sandwich and she got the old man breakfast. The food arrived and I went to add some hot sauce to the sandwich. Upon lifting it up, I noticed the bread was moldy. Not just a little bit, but full on hunks of green. I couldn't eat it. The owner was running the grill, turned around and apologized, then immediately went to their breadrack and threw all of the bread away. All of it. It seemed a little over the top, but he felt it needed to happen. he promised a free meal text time I came in and apologized profusely. As I left I heard him tell the busboy to take his truck and go get more bread.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®