Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 12:50 am

I want to make Paella for xmas eve.

Hip me to some tips or good recipies, please!
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 3:28 pm

I found THIS recipie on my favorite food blog. Looks delish and I get to use the grill!
Posted: Dec 19, 2011 7:48 pm

Looks like a winner. That is a great blog.
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 10:20 am

almost nothing better in the world than seafood paella.
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 10:24 am

donde esta Alberto?
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 11:27 am

The important thing is to have a huge pan. everything should be spread out in a shallow layer and you need to cook it so there is a nice crust on the bottom without being burned. the crust to everything else ratio is crucial. if it don't have a crust on the bottom you're just making jambalaya.
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 12:58 pm

donde esta Alberto?

en el culo de tu!
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 1:43 pm

Posted: Dec 20, 2011 10:36 pm

All our guests are stumped bu the paella and can't figure out anything to bring to go with it.

Lame-ass honkies.
Posted: Dec 20, 2011 11:22 pm

booze...DUH!
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 9:09 am

JK-

I have Penelope Casas definitive book on Paella if you are looking for ideas. Also, I have a giant paella pan you can borrow.
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 11:13 am

en el culo de tu!

yo tengo el mundo en mi culo
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 3:24 pm

yo soy 99%
Posted: Dec 22, 2011 6:56 pm

if you can get fresh tumeric - grate & add about a tablespoon
gives a great earthy flavour

make sure the paprika is "Smoked Paprika" a whole different flavour to normal paprika
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 4:49 pm

All our guests are stumped bu the paella and can't figure out anything to bring to go with it.

Lame-ass honkies.

Wow...Yeah, uh... that had to be tough on 'em... since with an awesome Spanish one dish meal all you need is some tasty small bites... too bad the Spanish pretty much invented that shit!

I hope someone brought at least one of the following: Olives/pickles, cheese, garlicky veggies, bacon wrapped dates, anchovies, stuffed piquillo peppers...cured meats...almonds...jeez, the possibilities are kinda endless...
Posted: Dec 26, 2011 5:10 pm

bacon wrapped dates

you gotta stuff 'em with some cream cheese.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®