Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / How you cookin' yo turkey?
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 12:39 am

Hmmmmm?

I'm doing something based on THIS.
Posted: Nov 20, 2011 9:50 pm | Edited by: Cole

That looks awesome.....cool blog as well. Here in MS everyone fries their turkeys now....so sick of it...I might do that as well.
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 9:18 am

36 hr buttermilk brine, smoked on grill and then to the oven
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:22 pm

Carrie baked me a turkey last night (well, half of it is going to one of her offices' Thanksgiving pot luck).

It was delicious. That is all.
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 12:26 pm

I bought a pre-brined, just going to stuff it and roast it. Going trad with the chestnuts.

I saw they were having a sale on peanut oil at the hardware store --- $35 for enough to cook a turkey?!? That's nutz.
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm

Frozen dinner, followed by suicide.
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 8:39 pm

Eat it raw you sissies.
Posted: Nov 21, 2011 8:46 pm

oh finnark. best chuckle all week.
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 1:17 am

Deeeee-lish-isssss.
Posted: Nov 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Smoked turkey is awesome! I had to do this out of necessity (a couple years ago I thawed and prepared a turkey and the oven died!) and it was seriously great. All I had was a little kettle grill and the damn lid almost wouldn't close, but my hard work payed off. The hardest part was keeping the temperature low for that long without peeking too much (I didn't have a grill thermometer either...).
Posted: Nov 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Brined first, then in the trashcan, best ever!
Posted: Nov 29, 2011 8:32 am

I was in Illinois for thanksgiving, the relatives there frown on anything not TRADITIONAL. Roast turkey, dressing (they also made something called "stuffing" I refuse to acknowledge its existence), mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole and sweet potatoes.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®