Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / cucumber recipes?
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 9:49 am

overloaded with cucumbers from the garden...
cucumber soup, salad, dehydrated cucumber chips (not recommended).
Add your cucumber recipes here.
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 10:21 am

Dice cucumber, red onion and tomatoes. Toss with oil and vinegar, salt and pepper. Good as a salad or on a pita sandwhich. Make some fresh pickles.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:11 am

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:12 am

Posted: Jun 21, 2011 10:50 am

Peel cucumbers and chop into bite size chunks and mix with a can of good mandarin oranges including juice from can. Chiffonade some fresh mint and mix it all in a bowl. Put in fridge to cool. So simple and delicious.

You could always get twisted on Pimms Cups while hanging in a Gazebo on a hot summer day.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:10 pm

But can we chiffonade IN the gazebo?
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 7:09 am

Dice cucumber, red onion and tomatoes.
tried this and added in purple jalapenos...it was great...

thanks Donkey!

mandarin oranges on grocery list...
Posted: Jun 22, 2011 7:36 am

slice some kirbies and a sweet onion. add enough vinegar to make it pretty wet and enough sugar to cut the vinegar.
Posted: Aug 1, 2011 4:28 pm

i've made a really nice dip with sour cream, cream cheese, cilantro and cucumbers before. really nice and light on a summer day.

you can also make a bulgarian chopska salad which is a variation on the cucumber salad. you add lemon juice, celery and bulgarian feta to it. it's pretty damn good.

i just recently had a very good cucumber/rosewater sorbetto, but i don't have the recipe for it.
Posted: Aug 4, 2011 1:01 pm

I agree with Carney, but substitute onions for mozzarella cheese and use a mix of balsamic vin, xtra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper and minced garlic and whisk it until it becomes thick. Perfect salad.
Posted: Aug 5, 2011 12:35 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®