Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Badass new grill
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 12:52 am

Bought a Char-Broil Red Infrared gas grill today for 400 bucks.

Was weird to be grilling with no fire, but it did a great job on the Kalbi Ribs, and got hot as fuck really quick.

S'posdly it works great as a smoker too.

I got 10% off coz the boneheads at Home Depot scratched it up when they were assembling it.

Just sayin'.

Party!!
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 4:57 pm

Char-Broil Red Infrared gas grill

What the hell! Do you cook or kill terrorist with it?
Posted: Jun 5, 2011 5:01 pm

I cook terrorists with it!
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 1:23 pm

man that was the big decision.gas or coal..not living by cozy corner anymore made my son a lil coocoo..so i went with charcoal...I love my grill but you have to put in half a bag to get it up to temp... sooo it gets really expensive.
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 3:53 pm

The infrared works great.

Gets waay hotter than regular gas grills. Takes about 10 mins to get up to 600.

I'm running propane propane now but the plumber is coming over later in the week to hook up tha natural gas from the house.

Sears and cooks really fast on high and will hold about 225 on low with the lid cracked open.

Wood chips go right in for easy smok'n.

Thumbs up!
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 4:54 pm

I am a little jealous. It's like we both whipped our dicks out to pee and you have a few inches on me.
Posted: Jun 6, 2011 5:02 pm

I mean, up till I started researching your grill, I was happy with mine, now it seems like a piece of shit.
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 12:05 pm

I prefer my meat cooked with Paleolithic technology.
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 12:13 pm

it only cooks rump roast???
Posted: Jun 10, 2011 12:48 pm

I prefer my meat cooked with Paleolithic technology.

Cavemen had electric smokers?
Posted: Jun 12, 2011 11:46 pm

Cavemen had electric smokers?

Says so in my history book.
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 1:07 pm

I recently got a chimney starter...still trying to figure out a good burn time for lump charcoal. First couple times I let them go too long before I dumped the coals, so I didnt have a long cooking time since the lump burns hotter and faster than briquettes. Nice to not have to have lighter fluid anymore, always sucked to be ready to get down and that bottle was empty. Now, the Memphis Flyer provides the starter.
Posted: Jun 17, 2011 2:28 pm

Yeah, I usually fill up the chimney to the top, then dump it when the charcoal on top just starts to turn grey around the edges, not when it's all ashen like the briquettes. And it probably doesn't last as long, but it tastes better and everything cooks way faster. Love it!
Posted: Jun 20, 2011 3:59 pm

love the chimney starter! Essential.
Posted: Jun 21, 2011 12:09 pm

secret to chimney is only use three sheets of newspaper*, according to my Dad Vernon, and he was right

*one page of standard US daily type newspaper
Posted: Jul 1, 2011 7:31 pm

I covet yr grlllll!!
Posted: Jul 8, 2011 12:40 pm

secret to chimney is only use three sheets of newspaper*, according to my Dad Vernon, and he was right

*one page of standard US daily type newspaper

Funny, I also always use 3 sheets of newspaper.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®