Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 10:04 pm

I'm sick of the piss-weak pickles we get down here in Australia - suggestions please for the best bottled pickle that I could get sent over
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 10:12 pm

hey brett, have you tried this place? http://www.usafoods.com.au/store/search.php?skey=pickles&cat=-1&type=S EARCH

it's in melb, not sure if they are elsewhere
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 11:44 pm

thanks Bruce that site looks great

we have a great deli warehouse in Brisbane that has foods from all over the world and I was going to look there on the weekend when I go up for a show

I'm really looking for what types of pickles & brand names of some of the better ones
Posted: Apr 11, 2011 11:50 pm

you can't get the goods one's in a jar, they are from the deli
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 4:01 pm

Claussen. they're Ccccccruncheeeeeeeee!
but they're always shipped cold and kept refrigerated, so not sure they'd be available downunder.
Posted: Apr 14, 2011 8:01 pm

Posted: Apr 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Go to Fat Larrys for some fried one's!
Posted: Apr 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Assuming you can get cucumbers in Australia, make your own. For the cost of shipping a jar of pickles halfway across the world you could probably make 10 jars without too much hassle.
Posted: Apr 25, 2011 8:37 pm

Second the Claussen suggestion. It'll be a LONG time before I buy another brand.
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 10:56 am

I just tried Bubbies for the first time last week and they might be my new favourite pickles.

My husband swears by Milwaukee's Pickles but I don't think they're all that.
Posted: Apr 27, 2011 3:15 pm | Edited by: mexicajun

PickleFreak.com
Posted: Apr 28, 2011 6:10 pm

thanks for the suggestions but shipping is the killer

Assuming you can get cucumbers in Australia, make your own. For the cost of shipping a jar of pickles halfway across the world you could probably make 10 jars without too much hassle

- I guess I'll just have to wait till I come to the US again in Sept but in the meantime I'll give this a go
Posted: May 2, 2011 2:25 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®