Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Hot Dog time...
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 6:31 pm

Maybe this thread already exists. Sorry if it does...

Do you like a particular style of dog? Chicago, New York, etc.
If not, what brand of hot dog do you like, and what do you put on 'em?

I prefer:
Vienna, Hebrew National, or Nathan's dogs.

Toppings:
Depend on my mood; the toppings always change:
onions, ketchup, mustard, Italian dressing, lettuce, pickles, tomato, and celery salt.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 6:34 pm

why the fuck would anyone put ketchup on a hot dog?
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Maybe this thread already exists.

of course it does! never gets old though.

MUSTARD. LOTS OF MUSTARD. NOTHING ELSE.

if not a mustard dog i'm a chili and cheese with onions guy, all the way.

i live across the street from a butcher shop called sechrist that's been there since the late 1800s. they have the KILLER DOGS, MAN! natural casing or skinless if you don't like a snap (stupid). pretzels are really big out here in central pennsylvania, so the ideal dog would be a sechrist frank in a pretzel hot dog bun smothered in mustard. BADA BOOM BADA BING!

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/m303390.aspx
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Gas station hot dogs. Not fucking 1/4 lb sausages in hoagie rolls. Regular hot dogs with onions, relish, and mustard.
Or mayo.
Or ketchup.
Or chili and cheese.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Gas station hot dogs.

i eat those too. it's a hot dog.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:24 pm

Bruce, you're a douche. I know some folks have a problem with ketchup on a dog; I don't.

Now take the cock out of your mouth for a second and let us know what you put in your hot dog.
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 7:59 pm

mustard, onions, chilli cheese, no mfing catsup
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 8:58 pm

ketchup, mustard, relish

or
Ketchup, mustard, shredded dill pickles

or
mayo and relish

or ketchup and mustard

I like cheap red dye hotdogs, but the Angus ones are good, as are Nathans
Posted: Jun 22, 2010 10:16 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I like chicago style. I like coney style. I like atlanta style. I like 7-11 nacho cheese n chili style.

Every now and then I EVEN like a super sweet dog with just ketchup and relish on.

I've recently even come around to liking mexican style with pico de gallo and mayonnaise on.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 9:31 am

There's a Puerto Rican hot dog cart in the area that sells Pernil Dogs...hot dog w/ pork shoulder, kraut, cheese, hot sauce, jalapenos, and mustard (and maybe something else too??). So, so good.

Also, Joe's right...pretzel buns are the best. Fresh bratwurst with mustard and a pretzel roll is easily my favorite summer food.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Just mustard and onions.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 1:48 pm

i live across the street from a butcher shop called sechrist that's been there since the late 1800s. they have the KILLER DOGS, MAN! natural casing or skinless if you don't like a snap (stupid). pretzels are really big out here in central pennsylvania, so the ideal dog would be a sechrist frank in a pretzel hot dog bun smothered in mustard. BADA BOOM BADA BING!

in a way I am extremely jealous of you, but I know deep inside that it's a good thing that I don't live across the street from an old timey butcher shop. it's bad enough living across the street from a bar, but natural casing hot dogs are my real vice.
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 3:49 pm

best dog i've had was at Katz's in NYC. you just can't do that at home.
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 9:54 am

mustard, tomato relish, onions, sport peppers, celery salt
Posted: Jun 26, 2010 10:55 am

it's bad enough living across the street from a bar,

i live a bock away from the american legion, the only place to drink in my town, which is dry. wife's been a member there since she was a kid. drinks are $1.25. i'm totally fucked.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 10:00 am

sechrist frank in a pretzel hot dog bun smothered in mustard.

having this for breakfast right now.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:28 am

the only place to drink in my town

isn't that kind of embarrassing, getting fucked up the same way every day with the same old farts looking on?
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

why would it be? i like it.
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 12:37 am

There is no bad dog. All regional/national varieties accepted! I even had cream cheese on a grilled dog on the street in Seattle once and it was good. Corn dogs, bacon wrapped dogs, ketchup (catsup is for wasps) dogs, sweet, sour, spicy, kraut dogs... DOGS RULE, OK?
Posted: Jul 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Straight Chicago.
I have only had hot dogs from two places since I moved here a few months ago. First was at a Redbirds game which despite the price was actually pretty good and once from Jimmy's which I think is on stage near the custard place. Jimmy's was good. Pretty decent onion rings. Any other places to go in Memphis for Chicago dogs?
Posted: Jul 25, 2010 11:29 am

chicago style, but only in chicago
Posted: Jul 26, 2010 12:27 pm

a good place is actually costco, footlong and a drink for 1.50
Posted: Jul 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Der Weinerschitzel 5/$5 chilidogs!!!!
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 8:07 pm

I had one of the best hot dogs in my in Oxford. It was at the Flying Pig? (where Tyler works-but he never showed up).

It was also in the bathroom. Thanks again, Talbot.
Posted: Jul 30, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks for the reminder. I bought my first deep-fryer this week. Gonna make some rippers if I can remember to buy hot dogs.
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 2:16 am

slawdoggs!!! add tabasco
stoner haute
Posted: Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm

slawdoggs!!! add tabasco
stoner haute

Woah! Definitely slaw-doggin' it at my backyard BBQ bash today...
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 12:33 pm

Any votes for best dog in Chicago?
"If you could only have one ..."
Posted: Aug 2, 2010 2:17 pm | Edited by: Windy

Any votes for best dog in Chicago?
"If you could only have one ..."

Wiener Circle for chicago style dog in chicago
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 3:00 am

Hi...Rhinestone transfers allow you to create one-of-a-kind patterns that you can then apply easily to numerous garments.Creating rhinestone iron on transfers is easy. First, you need to form a mental picture of what you are trying to create. Then, you need to transfer that mental picture onto a piece of paper either by drawing it freehand or by using a drawing program on your computer.
====================
rhinestone iron
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 3:02 am

Place the adhesive side of the rhinestone iron on transfers down onto your material. Place a cotton cloth over your rhinestone transfers to protect the fabric of your garment from burning. Set your iron on the setting for cotton. Make sure not to use steam.Hold the iron down over your rhinestone heat transfers for 45 seconds. Make sure not to slide the iron back and forth. Next, move the iron to the next section of your rhinestone transfer. Once you have done this for every portion of your design, repeat this step again so each section gets the iron twice.
==================
rhinestone iron
Posted: Oct 29, 2010 3:10 am

hi.......
this is neeraj panchal
i have visited on u web site its great.

===============
<a href="http://www.mytdesigns.com" rel="nofollow">rhinestone iron</a>
Posted: Nov 1, 2010 4:40 pm

neerja ROCKS!
Neerj, which hot dogs do YOU like? VOTE NOW
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®