Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jun 19, 2010 10:56 pm

got a fresh picked pound of chesapeake bay crab meat and made crab cakes. here's what went down:

put the meat in a large mixing bowl.

add a 1/4 cup mayo, juice from 1/2 lemon, a tbsp of worchestershire sauce, a good dash of cayenne pepper (mine came out a bit too spicy- you don't wanna mask the flavor of the crab) and about a half tsp of paprika, a dash of salt and two or three dashes of black pepper, two beaten eggs and bread crumbs from 3 slices white bread crumbled in a food processor/ blender. fold into the crab meat. form into small handfull size cakes. cover and let chill for at least an hour. broil about 5 minutes. you can fry them too, but i've always been partial to broiling.

play this jam.

http://beemp3.com/download.php?file=5518393&song=crabcakes
Posted: Jun 23, 2010 8:40 pm

i've never broiled mine. only have fried them. usually also add some chopped green and red peppers along with onion and a tiny touch of garlic. like to make my own remoulade too to eat with them.
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:06 pm

using binders n cakes is b.s.
aka "two beaten eggs and bread crumbs from 3 slices white ," etc
n maryland , virginia and north carolina, even like at chickasaw country club in mempho lumpen up, no binders and sear the shit out of em.
trust me
ps add dash dijon
Posted: Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm

sorry if to sound like an asshole
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 12:32 am

Binders are for pussies!! Another problem solved by bababbqgoat!
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 9:26 am

if i knew how to make 'em hold together w/o binders i woulda!

it wasn't lump though. still, fresh picked maryland meat is killer. plus it was a gift.
Posted: Jun 29, 2010 10:07 am

well ya kinda do sound like a pretentous asshole..i like crabcakes in the French Qrtr jumbo lump mayo tarragon red bell pepper capers etc..but i also like Westbank crabcakes... broken up crackers egg clawmeat backfin green bell pepper hotsauce..crabcake recipes are regional..if everyone cooked crabcakes the same way..well, that would be sad.
Posted: Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm

The goat is right as far as NC is concerned. Better than cakes even is setting yer pots for a mess of stone crabs.
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 2:00 am

I apologise for sounding like a dick , I sometimes forget that the world is not filled by other kitchen workers that are used to crass , mean or insulting comments. A. Bordain discussed this in Kitchen Confidential , however this is not an excuse for ME being an asshole . ANYWAY Crabcakes should in theory bind by themselves from the protien and how its broken down during the cooking process , right ? Thats utimately why we cook our food is to break down the nutrional ingredients for nutrion.
And yr. right ," fresh picked maryland meat is killer. plus it was a gift[i][/i] !!!!
Next time yr in Portland holla and we rape this crabcake goat togehter!!!!
LONG LIVE MEMPHO!!!and all of her childrenz.....
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 2:07 am

here's what went down:

put the meat in a large mixing bowl.

add a 1/4 cup mayo, juice from 1/2 lemon, a tbsp of worchestershire sauce, a good dash of cayenne pepper (mine came out a bit too spicy- you don't wanna mask the flavor of the crab) and about a half tsp of paprika, a dash of salt and two or three dashes of black pepper, two beaten eggs and bread crumbs from 3 slices white bread crumbled in a food processor/ blender. fold into the crab meat. form into small handfull size cakes. cover and let chill for at least an hour. broil about 5 minutes. you can fry them too, but i've always been partial to broiling.

What's the matter with peanut butter sandwiches?
Posted: Jul 1, 2010 9:33 am

the last thing i'm worried about is someone being a dick. have you read some of my older posts?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®