Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 10:34 am

eating a bowl of "old fashioned" quaker oats right now. have a tablespoon of brown sugar in it and a sliced banana. that tbsp of sugar isn't gonna help me lose any weight, is it? i mean, is this better than eggs and toast, fat/ calorie wise? it sure is tasty.
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 11:08 am

I've been making granola with various nuts, honey, brown sugar and cinammon. Once it's done, you can eat it like cereal (stays crunchy in milk), heat it with milf (ha! what a typo, I meant milk)as oatmeal or w/ yogurt as a snack.
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 11:47 am

eating a bowl of "old fashioned" quaker oats right now. have a tablespoon of brown sugar in it and a sliced banana. that tbsp of sugar isn't gonna help me lose any weight, is it? i mean, is this better than eggs and toast, fat/ calorie wise? it sure is tasty.

deep fry it!
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 12:46 pm

steel cut.

the other stuff is baby food with no nutrients
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 2:26 pm

I used to eat whole oats when I was feeding the horses.

Anything else is for pussies!

(I ate a bowl full of 3-packs of Fred Meyer apple cinnamon instant today, tho)
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 3:22 pm

I eat the instant stuff for breakfast a few days a week, it's cheap and easy sustenance, but I always feel like I'm eating gruel from a victorian-era english workhouse or a gulag.
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 5:36 pm

It's actually better than jail oatmeal if you get the water/oatmeal ratio correct.
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 6:07 pm

Wheatena rules!
Posted: Nov 9, 2009 7:30 pm

Bob's Red Mill 6-grain Hot Cereal is dope! (despite its unwieldy name)
Posted: Nov 10, 2009 11:31 am

It's actually better than jail oatmeal if you get the water/oatmeal ratio correct.
It's exactly what I would expect to eat in jail, that and little cups of weird syrupy fruit cocktail, and macaroni and cheese with spam, but I eat that at home sometimes anyway.
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 12:34 am

Wheatena rules!

That's my cereal!
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 12:35 am

deep fry it!

Steel cut, sliced banana, toasted pecans, a bit of soy milk, with pure maple syrup....
you love it when I make that for you.
Posted: Nov 11, 2009 8:38 am

are there little iron cross necklace marshmellows in it?
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 7:27 am

Try with whole cinnamon stick and bay leaf. This is the way that our Caribbean nanny makes oatmeal for my kids, and they love it.
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 8:06 am

no thanks on the bay leaf. you mean adding the cinnamon into the pot while it cooks?
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 11:03 am

no but there is shrunkin heads in it..
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 11:06 am

deep fry it!

Steel cut, sliced banana, toasted pecans, a bit of soy milk, with pure maple syrup....
you love it when I make that for you.

yum! hella good! thats probably to healthy for joes likings..
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Re bay leaf: not sure why she does this, some island cooking trick. very subtle flavor. more of a porridge. she also makes a similar dish with cornmeal.
yes, put whole cinnamon in water while cooking

her fried grouper is better than any restaurant food I have had.
Posted: Nov 12, 2009 11:20 pm

No, but I'm sure we can make exceptions for you.
Posted: Nov 15, 2009 11:57 am

pretty much every morning I have 2 packets of instant apple cinnamon oatmeal from whole foods with flax seeds on top and bacon crumbled into it. the oatmeal/flax cancels out the cholesterol from the bacon, which adds enough protein to get me through the 4 mile bike ride against a 20 mph headwind to school. then I have second breakfast.

sometimes I just have plain oatmeal with a scoop of spirutein protein shake, which reminds me of the green slop they eat in the Matrix.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®