Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / What kind of snails for escargot?
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:31 pm

So, I've got an aquarium and some snails in there doing fine, I'm thinkin' I need to get some snails for eatin' in there!

Anyone know what species are good eatin'?
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 10:26 am

I dont know, but you will need a shit ton...hell, a dozen is the common number in a starter for a French meal. goddamn, I love them things...swimmin in herbed butter...I bet I could put away 4 dozen easy. I want to be a competitive escargot eater.
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

they grow em in cans..don't know too many restaurants that get them in fresh..butt......periwinkles you can get at any viet hong kong market by the bushel.
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 5:18 pm

Doh! Looks like escargot is land snails, with love darts!

Helix pomatia, common names the Burgundy snail, Roman snail, edible snail or escargot, is a species of large, edible, air-breathing land snail, a terrestrial pulmonate gastropod mollusk in the family Helicidae.

This species of snail creates and uses love darts.
Posted: Oct 10, 2009 6:39 pm

you're a love dart
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 4:13 am

have you tried those things crawling across your yard every wet morning?
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 1:28 pm

they have the canned version at fresh market. saw them yesterday, but i didn't see the shells for em, which they say to use em with. i haven't ever seen them live around here though.
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 5:11 pm

There was once a snail who was sick and tired of his reputation for being so slow. He decided to get some fast wheels to make up the difference. After shopping around a while, he decided that the Datson 240-Z was the car to get. So the snail goes to the nearest Datsun dealer and says he wants to buy the 240-Z, but he wants it repainted "240-S".

The dealer asks, "Why 'S'?"

The snail replies, "'S' stands for snail. I want everybody who sees me roaring past to know who's driving."

Well, the dealer doesn't want to lose the unique opportunity to sell a car to a snail, so he agrees to have the car repainted for a small fee.

The snail gets his new car and spent the rest of his days roaring happily down the highway at top speed. And whenever anyone would see him zooming by, they'd say "Wow! Look at that S-car go!"
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 5:21 pm

stop stealing jokes from Car Talk.
Posted: Oct 21, 2009 3:41 pm

Had some escargot the other night; shit was awesome!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®