Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Gourmet magazine is a goner
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 11:57 am

Gourmet Magazine Heads to the Meat Grinder

I prefer bon appetit and food and wine so no big deal except:

While Los Angeles–based Bon Appétit survives, its future is not all tarts and champagne. Upstart magazines from big names including Rachael Ray and the Food Network are making the ad market more competitive. And CEO Townsend warned that every magazine will have to shave its budget.

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 1:04 pm

If all we are left with is Rachael Ray and anything Food Network-related, we may as well stick with the eons of old Bon Appetit and Gourmet recipes on Epicurious and be done with food mags...

Good thing Saveur isn't owned by Conde Nast or they'd already be gone.
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 3:34 pm

the best recipes are in Sunday's Parade insert... Phylis Diller's hot dog casserole with velveta...
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 7:54 pm

all those fucksticks who can't really cook love racheal ray. i wish she would go die.
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 9:21 am

The whole Food Network "chef" idea is defined by Rachael Ray; I watched the Next Food Network Star in marathon form a couple of months back and realized that the reason the woman who won actually won was because "she has so many quick, shortcut tips and bits of information!" The long haired cuntface judge actually marveled over that several times. It wasn't like her food was good or interesting, it was all about her "short cuts".
Posted: Oct 8, 2009 4:53 pm

I agree, but Gourmet recipes always seemed to be a pain in the ass.
So good riddance, Gourmet!
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 10:52 am

Totally agree (and just threw out my latest issue). They spend way too much on photographing the cover and little on the recipes. It reads like some tv guide episode description rather than instruction. I might be anal but I prefer the overdone explanation of Cook's Illustrated.
Posted: Oct 9, 2009 12:29 pm

Cook's Country!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®