Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Never cooking again.
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 7:29 pm

I just spent the last hour making chicken paprikash, used an entire family pack of chicken thighs.

Taking it off the heat I says "what's all those black specks floating in there?"

inspected the black specks. they're bigger than the black pepper I put in there. tasted them. reminded me of strawberry seeds. same size/crunch.

some kind of husk that was in the paprika maybe? haven't used that paprika in years.

dumped out some of the unused paprika to inspect.

PAPRIKA CAKED WITH SMALL GNAT LIKE INSECTS, THEIR LARVAE, ETC.

It's ok, I told myself. All is not lost. I can just skim the bug corpses off the top of the pot and it'll be fine. Attempted to do this but lost my appetite completely.

I hate my life!
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 1:05 am

in somalia that means good luck!! just remember to floss.....
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 2:56 pm

I have had the samething happen with flour. Sucks. I go through my spice cabinet about every six months and toss stuff, same for the condiments in the fridge. Especially if you hadn't used the paparika in years, it probably didn't have much flavor left anyway.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 6:08 pm

in Nigeria they put mothballs in the flour just to kill the bugs.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 6:51 pm

if you hadn't used the paparika in years, it probably didn't have much flavor left anyway.

unless you get super fresh stuff its the most useless spice ever.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 7:26 pm

Posted: Sep 24, 2009 8:28 pm

scorpion soup actually sounds kinda good.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®