Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Cheeseburgers at Tops BBQ
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 2:37 pm

Man, they're really fucking good...too bad their BBQ is lame.

I suppose it is the pig fat smoke from their lame BBQ that makes the burgers so yummy though...
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 2:46 pm

They make the burgers fresh each time... takes a minute, but they are GOOD!

BBQ isn\'t as bad as it should be... will get you through in a pinch.
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 8:45 am

I love those cheeseburgers and those fries are really good too! Tops BBQ is very eh, but will get you through in a pinch is precisely how to think of it.
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 2:36 pm

This post inspired my lunch yesterday. Thanks!
Hadn't been there for a few months!
I like the fries, too! Although the location on Summer closest to my house doesn't have the crinkly kind.

I also had a Dyer's last weekend; my cousin was in town and wanted to walk down Beale. Beale was much better than the old Summer location.
Those burgers are fucking tasty, too.

They also were serving fried Twinkies, but I couldn't quite pull the trigger. I might have to go back.

Favorite burgers in Memphis are as follows:
1. P&H
2. Dyers/Topps tie
3. Belmont
4. Bryants/Pankcake Shop tie
5. Huey's
6. Waffle House

7. And for total greasy spoon immersion: CK's Steak and Eggs Jr. Pile it ALL on the toast and enjoy it as a sandwich.

We have good burgers, chicken and tacos in Memphis. Now if we could just get a GREAT pizza place, I'd be happy.
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 3:36 pm

you left a glaring omission, lamplighter
Posted: Sep 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Shit!! Correct, Bruce. Put Lamplighter in the top 3!!
I knew I was forgetting something!
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 2:06 am

yum. i like their burgers, but i could do without the bbq. it's like eating chopped up soaked woodchips at times with bbq sauce on it. not my thing at all.
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 3:11 pm

P &H burgers are really good.
Burgers are all I will get from Tops.
Dyers, I can take or leave.
Alex's is a burger I actually miss eating.
Belmont is some magic burger goodness.
Huey's is ok, but I always get the california burger or whatever they call it, with the guacamole and such. But, if you have to put all this shit on a burger to eat it, it can't be that good anyways.
I tried to order a hamburger from the Pancake shop several years ago. It was late night and I was told "The meat looks a little green, you may want something else." I had to go. Haven't been there since.
Fresh Slices used to make a good burger, but I haven't been there in some time now.
Lamplighter. Beautiful burgers.
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Broadway Pizza has a great burger too. Tastes like ho-made. $3.85 for burger +crinkly fries. Poor man's friend (pizza is not very good though)
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Posted: Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm

best thing about Tops are the to-go bags
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 3:23 pm

Tops burgers have long been my food of choice when I'm sick or hungover. They are so good. So, so good.

I had a steak sandwich from Jack Pirtles the other day, and my friend got the burger. It actually was pretty good!
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 6:29 pm

I gotta try that Broadway Pizza Burger... wow.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 3:16 am

Ever since I sipped on to much syrup and slammed like a dyer and a half , that shit ggives me the squirts.; Its been twenty years.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 6:15 am

Eric ,first time I had Broadway burger it was great -last time
(May) it was lousy. Proceed at your own risk. YMMV.
Posted: Aug 5, 2010 10:20 am

I tried one last spring...it was ok. I'll give it another shot sometime.

The fucker is HUGE; it's not a good idea to try to eat one while driving.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®