Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / pizza crust recipes
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 8:25 pm

I've tried all types, and realized the thinner I roll out the pizza crust the crispier it is, but the make shift crap I've tried to force into being a crispy crust that was successful results from oil, time, and regret.

gimmie a (leud) suggestion.
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 12:59 am

the thinner I roll out the pizza crust the crispier it is

NO! really???? who'd a'thunk???
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 6:40 am

it's true
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 12:17 pm

this is the one i use, and it's worked better than anything i've ever used before, and it takes about half the rising time, thanks to the beer...supposedly fashioned after bosco's pizza dough:

Makes 4 10-12" individual pizzas

1 tablespoon active dry yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cup warm water
cup light beer
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 cups all-purpose, unbleached flour
cup semolina flour (pasta flour)
1 teaspoon salt

*If you don't have pasta flour, you can use bread flour, or all-purpose flour for the entire amount.

In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in cup of the warm water. Let it sit until it begins to foam, 3-5 minutes.

Place mixture in a large mixing bowl & add the remaining ingredients, adding the rest of the water as you go to see how much you need (it may take more than the cup). Mix well with wooden spoon.

Once everything is combined, turn dough out on floured surface & knead until it forms a smooth, elastic ball. Do not over-knead.

Transfer to a large bowl that has been coated with a little olive oil. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (on top of the stove set to "warm" is fine) for 30 minutes. After dough has risen, remove from bowl & cut into 4 equal pieces.

This dough stores well in the freezer or refrigerator. To store it, roll each individual piece in a ball, and place in a Ziploc bag. It will rise again in the fridge, but you can just open the bag, punch it down and re-close. As the dough cools it will stop.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®