Posted: Jan 10, 2010 3:45 am |
Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera
Someone I know works at a liquor store, so I get a 15% break in price. Not only that, I can circumvent whack Mn. state laws and have them order me hard-to-find beer, wine and spirits. Consequently, I've got a fucking whiskey buffet going on at my apt. Now I have in my possession exactly FIVE different whiskeys. We've got...
1. Red Breast--Started with this one tonight. Really good. Distinct smooth flavour like no other Irish whiskey I've sampled. Thank you Goner Board for the rec.
2. Clontarf--The cheaper version. Really good. Tried to get the better stuff, but it was a no go.
3. Old Rip Van Winkle--From Kentucky. 107 proof so I better make sure I got somebody nearby in case I have to go to the e.r.
4. Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage Bourbon--Also from Kentucky. We'll see what happens.
5. Georgia Moon Corn Whiskey--We'll see what happens.