Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Las Delicias opens Monday 8/31
Posted: Aug 28, 2009 10:28 am

Will check it out after they get the kinks worked out
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 3:10 pm

went last night...pretty good. I had some tacos pastor...pork was cooked really nicely, priced right, standard onion and cilantro affair...although the little sliver of pineapple(wtf?) was strange on the tacos...didnt eat it. Niki had a milanesa torta that she descibed as "ehhhhh". Prolly stick with the tacos next time I go. I did dig the chips...super thin and crispy inhouse jernts. Salsa was OK, not remarkable.

Good place for tacos and beer...and you cant have too many places in town for that IMO
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 3:13 pm | Edited by: carney

that's how al pastor is served in a lot of places. Try it, its good!
Posted: Sep 4, 2009 4:24 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

I hate it when they put the pineapple in the taco. Pastor cooked with pineapple juice good. Actual hunks o' pineapple on the taco bad.

Hot pineapple is gross, tastes about the same coming back up though, if you're looking for a silver lining....
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 12:18 pm

where is it?
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm

On Park just west of Goodlett. Its been several different things over the past few years. Big new neon sign on the building.
Posted: Nov 2, 2009 3:41 pm

visited this weekend. Other than the huge, comfy chairs and friendly waitress, was underwhelmed. Chips were good, salsa was bland... overall not bad but not great. Sambeaux claims the tortilla soup is good.

overall pretty cheap, though, and domestic beers are 2.00. Their "margarita" was tequila and lime juice!
Posted: Nov 4, 2009 2:26 pm

Their "margarita" was tequila and lime juice!

We used to drink that all the time. Called em border jumpers.

So much for politically correct drink names.....
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®