Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Good Mediterranean
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 6:38 pm

Checked out the Castle Restaurant today to try to make up for the bad experience at Pyramids. Its right next to Big Daddy's Supermercado on Park (near getwell)

Wow. The food is awesome. The Gyro meat is amazing... slightly grilled on one side for a crispier outer texture. The Baba Ghanoush is the best I ever had. I recommend getting a meat combo and a veggie combo because the meat doesn't come with hummus, falaffel, or baba ghanous.

definitely going back
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 7:59 pm

I went there about a month back - had the falafel, didn't much care for it. But I'm willing to go back and try something else.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:22 am

I had a Gyro there yesterday as well and its the best in town. Never had the meat deal though I hears thats the way to go if your super hungry!
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:16 am

Agreed. The gyros at the Castle are the best and the hummus and falafel at Jerusalem are the best in town.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:59 pm

hummus and falafel at Jerusalem are the best in town

i'm with ya there. gotta get to the castle.
Posted: Aug 10, 2009 7:58 pm

I said GODDAMN!
Went there for lunch today and had the hummus and the gyro meat plate.
Yes, this is going into the rotation.
I believe they are closed Sunday, but the guy two storefronts down had a 55 gallon drum cooker going, but I didn't feel like stopping.
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm

got to the castle! delicious.

thanks for the tip.
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 3:36 pm

Dude...the Gyro plate is the best shit in town! Incredibly tasty and alot of food!
Posted: Aug 24, 2009 4:14 pm

yes. You gotta get some extra sides and share, but hummus & falafel was good, too.

that gyro meat is fantastic.
Posted: Aug 25, 2009 9:14 pm

I've been working my way through the menu one day a week. I got the veggie special and the gyro plate today (lasts a few days and tastes way better than anything I've ever cooked).
Never had baba ganoush before. I'll be having it again.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®