Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Lucchesi's dropped the ball, big time
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 10:26 am

they changed the bread and the size of their sandwiches...the bread is now some crappy, run of the mill supermarket cibatta BS, and the sandwiches are literally only about 1/3 the size they used to be...but they didnt change the price...still $7.49. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 2:47 pm

Lots of places seem to be doing this lately.

Young Ave Deli raised their prices yet keep the same crappy made food.

The Cove also raised their drink prices and shrunk size of them. It\'s $8 for a shot basically.
Posted: Jul 3, 2009 10:49 pm | Edited by: Fly Rod

I hadn't posted anything about it, but I went back there about a month or so ago, and it was totally bogus.
Ordered the roast beef, and it was gross. Gorganzola was spare, no radish, questionable lettuce. No fresh chips (no chips at all, actually), and half a butter n' bread pickle spike. HALF. It's shitty enough that it was "butter n' bread" style, or whatever they call it. But it was like someone took a bite out of the spear.
I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS PLACE ANYMORE. They were great, they always had an air of "uppity-tude" that was manageable because the food was good, but now, I feel bad I ever told anyone to go there.
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 8:30 pm

correct me if i'm wrong but dain't alyce mantia take over the reigns there? could be the problem.
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 8:53 pm

Posted: Jul 7, 2009 11:06 am

I sent her an email of my complaints and she wrote me back insisting nothing has changed in regards to the sandwiches, that they are the same as they were before she took over.
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 11:25 am

Been there a few times and never had anything worth a shit! That shooping center/parking lot is one of the most annoying areas of the city. Fuck Luchesi's!
Posted: Jul 13, 2009 9:28 am

We went there twice and I really liked the uppity white trash onion dip or whatever it was...but I quickly realized I could made a quick trip to Kroger and make a vat of that stuff 5x the size for 1/2 the price.
Posted: Jul 14, 2009 5:27 pm

The Cove also raised their drink prices and shrunk size of them. It\'s $8 for a shot basically.

i went to the cove a month or so ago and it cost more for a shot of jack than a shot of irish whiskey. something ridiculous like $9 to $9.50 a shot. i told the owner off.

nice atmosphere, but bel air prices in binghamton?!?!??!? good luck on staying open.
Posted: Jul 15, 2009 11:48 am

Yeah, I am not sure about the prices at the cove. One round of 2 beers and two shots was $23 last time I was there (or somewhere near that). This was last may, I think.
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 8:54 am

The last time I went there (my birthday) I got trashed and signed the credit card bill without looking at the total closely (or rather not considering it as I promptly added 20%) until I checked my bank the following day.

We haven't returned.
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am

Yep...smoky, expensive and trendy, hipster bullshit attitudes. Folks we are in Memphis, Binghamton to be exact as someone else pointed out. Been once and wont go back!
Posted: Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm

And it wasn't exactly cheap before! Sheesh.
Posted: Jul 23, 2009 11:33 pm

Decided to try again today as a second chance. Thin sandwich, same $8.00 price. Not even a quarter of a pickle slice; more like a nub. Lays potato chips in a bag. I've had better subway sandwiches than that. Not going back.
Posted: Jul 24, 2009 12:25 pm

My mind boggles at the thought of somebody paying for a shitty, overpriced sammich in MEMPHIS
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®