Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / i ate some puppy chow at a party the other night
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:12 pm

My wife makes it every year around the holidays. Didn't realize it was generally known as "puppy chow"---figured that was some sort of Arkansas 'billy nomenclature.

it's the best!

Well, pretty good for sure.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

pennsyltucky jargon, too.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:24 pm

I used to make that all the time...I believe the good folks at CHEX call 'em "Muddy Buddies"...deeeeeee-lish!
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:32 pm

hmmm.... think I'd rather eat something called Puppy Chow than something called Muddy Buddies.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:48 pm

thanks for reminding me. I had it for the first time at a party not long ago and meant to make some with extra peanut butter and less chocolate.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:59 am

First had this 20+ years ago in Florida. But that recipe came from an old aunt who lived on the south side of Milwaukee.

Now the wife makes it for school functions/bake sales. Puts it into single serving baggies. They are the first thing that sells out every time..... so fucking good. And you can use the generic cereal/peanut butter and it still tastes awesome.

You can throw m&m's in there after it has cooled for a little added chocolate.
Or candy corn, or whatever other candy you want.

Wonder how bacon would taste in there....???
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 10:18 am

bacon! I bet that would be awesome if it was crumbled into the melted chocolate/peanut butter. I might have to make some of this sooner that I thought.
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 7:47 am

Made some but didn't use the bacon this time. Extra peanut butter, less chocolate and a stick of butter. Tasty!
Posted: Jun 19, 2009 2:17 pm

yeah, popcorn is just too damn healthy
Posted: Jun 21, 2009 2:12 pm

Puppy chow makes for a good cereal substitute
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®