Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 1:24 pm

Who has one and what do you think? I am thinking it might not be a bad investment.
Posted: Mar 24, 2009 11:50 pm

not sure about "good investment", but, I want one...
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 9:26 am

Check out this blog and her tagine recipes:

www.leftoverqueen.com
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 9:57 am

$99 right now. Regularly $150.
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 9:59 am

K bought me one last year...it's awesome ...and they do have killer bottled curries @ highland med mkt...the trik is ..after marinating your lamb chik whatever in the yoghurt... get the pan smooooking hot to get that charred burnt effect..if not it just kinda brrrls itself..besides it looks cool on the pot rak ..
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 10:28 am

I know they have/had them on sale at the W-S Outlet...
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:14 am

So you heat up the tagine pan first, "harvs"? Then cook it at 375 or whatever?
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 11:55 am

that seems kinda expensive. they were selling them for around $20 at a Moroccan import store nearby.

Unfortunately that store went out of business.

http://www.casablancamarket.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory= 35

an alternative might be a Spanish cazuela type thing.
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 1:45 pm

nah...k got it buy the le creuset outlet in Floribama by andria's ma's house..really cheap..the marshall's on poplar and forest hill irene always has wierd le creuset shit..don't pay that much for it..definitely find a deal..i'll keep an eye out.in the oven or on stovetop depends on how long braise is ...like if yoyu are cooking a goat's penis it'll prob take at least an hour in the oven at 375....
Posted: Mar 25, 2009 2:41 pm

i have been casting sidelong glances at the tagine's seductive curves... but there's no way i would use it enough to justify the expense of a le creuset. don;t have the storage for it either. still, if it was under $30 i would do it. over, not so much.
Posted: Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

I've thought about getting one, 'cause when I was in Morocco a few years ago all I ate were crazy good tagines/couscous. They were super cheaap over there of course, but I was one the road for another month and couldn't deal with hauling around some pottery. And I somehow think I couldn;t replicate the goodness of what I was eating over there anyway.
Posted: Mar 27, 2009 12:31 pm

I am gonna look around and ask maybe at the Winchesters Market or somewhere where some Middle Easterners/Northern Africans may be hanging around if they can hook me up with a tagine.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®