salmon pita - Casablanca
falafel - Pita Wraps on Poplar
three cheese deluxe on marbled rye - kwik chek
If I were going to eat meat:
turkey and provolone with lettuce and russian dressing - fino's
chicken shawerma - Pita Wraps
ninja with no bell peppers - kwik chek
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:48 am

wha? nobody else loves the chopped shoulder at payne's?
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 8:08 am

oh, and

banh mi at various groceries on cleveland/watkins
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 1:21 pm

seriously, go to the super sub shop on highland and get the fried chicken sub. all of you, right now. for a while they changed the bread they were using and now they got it back. delicious!
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 1:42 pm

the cuban at soul fish (yummmmmm.)
roast pork sandwich from kwik chek
salmon pita at casablanca
motherfuckin chopped shoulder at payne's (hell yes, andria. that shit is good)
one of miss shirley's cheeseburgers from the lamplighter

honorable mention: the veggie muffaletta from kwik chek - super fuckin' spicy and good as hell - loaded with cheese. i may not be vegetarian but these things are so fuckin' good.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 1:44 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

4) Roast Beef/Gorganzola - Luchessi's Deli

I'm saving up to buy one monday. Their Italian sandwich is really good, too.
Their meatball is o.k., but I'd think Garibaldi's (of all places) would actually beat it.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:04 pm

elle, no wonder i luv dining w/ you! just about my exact list
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:58 pm

In no particualr order:

Jumbo Chopped Hot -Paynes
Veggie Sub-Finos
Working Class Hero-Camys
Chicken Schwerma-Pita Wraps
Gyro-The Castle
Double Cheeseburger w/ everything-Tops
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 3:37 pm

biased i know, but the bhan mi and the oyster po boy at tsunami's lunch are pretty damn good. and they are both huge!
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 8:06 pm | Edited by: saispas

4) Roast Beef/Gorganzola - Luchessi's Deli

Where the HELL is this place?!?!?

Small chopped hot wif slaw & extra sauce at Payne's

Falafel and hummus plate thrown into a pita at Jerusalem (sure I am cheating)

lettuce, red onion, black olive, mayo/mustard, pickle, red wine vinegar, jalapenos, oil on hoagie at my house (a take on the old Publix veggie sub...Memphis needs a Publix just for the deli subs)
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 8:07 pm

Oh and Belmont Grill cheeseburger
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 9:29 pm

Where the HELL is this place?!?!?

about three blocks from you on Sanderlin in the shopping center, between W. Station and Mendenhal.
that sandwich also has thinly shaved radishes.
it's really, really good.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 9:30 pm

The italian sausage lasagna isn't bad, either, but this is the sandwich thread.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 9:34 am

I need to try some of those Tsunami sandwiches.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:45 am

The Oyster Po Boy is yum at Tsunami.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 12:37 pm

The Memphis at Soulfish
The Fino
Alex's Burger
Bologna at Tom's
Kwik Chek Gyro

Honorable mention to yippie kay yay MF'er. Is that still on the menu?
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 3:45 pm

it's really, really good.

Luchessi's is my new favorite East Memphis, don't-wanna-leave-my-neighborhood-want-something-FAST, place. I love its Ye Olde East Memphis mixed with Italian Deli theme...I got the turkey-cranberry-brie panini and potato soup--YUM.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 5:48 pm

I get fucking hungry as shit everytime I return to read this thread. Hey Saispas, yall need to go down and have a greasy breakfast at Three Little Pigs down at Quince and White Station. The BBQ is ok, but the breakfast stuff aint bad. Cheap too and its in your hood.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 5:49 pm

I cant get into the Belmont. Everytime Im in there I feel like Im in a Newbys for grown folks!
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 10:13 am

Haven't had it in years, but the Beef Sandwich at Cozy Corner was really, really good. Bizarre menu choice, but delicious. Even knowing that, I order ribs.

Paynes Chop Shoulder
Kwik Chek Roast Pork
Kwik Stop Chicken Pita
Lamplighter Cheeseburger

My fifth used to be Guad Chicken Torta, back in the good old days...

Colin, you eat the Payne's Jumbo? Damn.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 10:44 am

i'm gonna have to check out that luchessi's place. that roast beef and gorganzola sandwich is too tempting...whew.

and i want to try out tsunami's lunch. i've only been there for dinner. oyster po boys sound tasty.

i think the only torta i've had at guad was the barbacoa awhile back cuz i got curious and had to try it.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:19 pm

Oh yeah..and usually a side of beans. My mouth waters thinking about that sandwich even after Ive just eaten. Never had the roast pork sandwich at Kwik Chek. Ive also never had the chicken pita at the Kwik Stop. Thats on the corner of Central and E. Pkwy right? They have a pretty good burger and their wings arent bad either. Really vinegary sauce.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:26 pm

Everytime Im in there I feel like Im in a Newbys for grown folks!

I never went into Newby's so I don't get that vibe...we are usually the first ones in there when they open on a Sunday and we seem to beat the Mercedes and MUS post-church crowd.

I heard good things about 3 Little Pigs and I love that shopping center (bowling, decent BBQ and Hancocks? Fantastic!) so...we'll check it out!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 4:29 pm

jack pirtle's steak sandwich with everything you stupid idjits

jeezus!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 9:54 am

jack pirtle's steak sandwich with everything you stupid idjits

how the fuck did i forget that one? that is one of my favorite "i'm so hungover and i need somethin to soak it all up and make me feel better" sandwiches.

hot damn. slaw, pickles, cheese sauce, and gravy. all on a sandwich. yessssssir.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 1:32 pm

thanksgiving doesn't seem like its gonna be enough after reading this list.
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:11 pm

colin he's talking about the kwik check across from ardent on madison. that pork sandwich is great, but the last time i got it it took me three hours to eat because it was so fucking hot i had to break it up into shifts. i love spicy food but that was unbelievable! still tasty though, couldn't let it go to waste. ate through the pain.
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 2:35 pm

Man..I know where Kwik Chek is homey! I was axin if the Kwik Stop hes refering to about a chicken pita scrandwich is at the corner of Central and East Parkway. I need to try that roast pork sammy at Kwik Chek...I like things that are "too" hot.
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 4:51 pm

yall need to go down and have a greasy breakfast at Three Little Pigs down at Quince and White Station.

I second this artery clogging motion
Posted: Dec 3, 2008 11:34 pm

that is one of my favorite "i'm so hungover and i need somethin to soak it all up and make me feel better" sandwiches.

Pirtles ANYTHING is that for me. Livers n gravy and hell yes, GRAVY FRIES.
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:41 am

I don't believe in Quince.
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:41 am

Livers n anything is for bed wetters.
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 7:16 am

I don't believe in Quince.

i bet you don't believe in santa claus either, you commie!
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 8:20 am

Livers n anything is for bed wetters.

well toss me that depends undergarmet, birthday boy, i'm about to spring a leak! liver is awesome!
Posted: Dec 4, 2008 3:40 pm

Jack Stands has bed wetting nightmares about livers. YUMMMMMMMM.
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 5:18 am

sorry colin don't know how i misread that so bad. thought it was weird.
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 9:31 am

No worries. I need to get up to the Nami at lunchtime for one of those sammis for realz!
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 11:41 am

can't make pate w/out duck livers....h star....when i was working @ on teur next door...after a long ass brunch shift..i ordered the bleeding heart? i think..harry wasn't there but the new chik was.. i was fkn starving and started wolfing it down 3/4 the way through i noticed all this orange sauce in the deli paper..and a LOT of it..i closed my eyes and says a hail mary..i have never had a heart attack or a stroke but that was the closest i have ever been to the pearley gates..Harry laughed and told me she used the habenero base on my sandwich..Harry makes the best sandwches in town.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 11:46 am

I gotta go get the veggie from Harry cos the last two times when the chicks have made it at the Kwik, it has SUCKED. They can never get the order right...NO BELL PEPPERS, EXTRA MUSHROOMS.

Who has the best gyros?
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 3:42 pm

Kwik Chek aint been the same for while. Dont think it will ever be the same.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 3:44 pm

For gyros...is a place down on Park, just east of where Getwell hits Park on the north side of Park. Its in a little shopping center and its called The Castle. Great Gyros and there hummus and baba ganoush is tasty as well. Cheap and not that far from your crib.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 1:19 pm

There is a place on Winchester that made Shwarma that was amazing. I am not sure of the name, but it is near Winchester and getwell. That, and there is a BBQ joint right there that made the largest double bacon cheeseburger I have ever attempted to ingest. I had to tap out on that one. The BBQ joint is in little strip at winchester just west of perkins on the right side.

And, Kwik Stop has some good burgers. Their gyro isn't too bad either.
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 12:01 am

i should stop reading this. its making me pissed because i'm broke and can't come home for xmas. shit dick fuck.
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 10:05 am

You and me both my friend. Looks like I will have to consume primanti bros. to kill my longing for a good BBQ sandwich.
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 9:55 pm

Y'all must check out the Island Club at Bardog downtown. Chicken cutlets, bacon, FRIED EGG, avocado, lettuce, tomato on toasted bread ...
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 6:37 pm

bummed that MIKE'S is gone- best greasy spoon downtown for me - but Bardog sounds interesting... anything else good?
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 10:24 pm

-pork on texas toast at bbq shop
-any sandwich from payne's
-the 'dumpster' at juicy jim's on highland (philly cheese)
-gyros from the castle on park
-full agreement on the steak sandwich from jack pyrtle's
-BIG MAC (not really....)
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 10:27 pm | Edited by: templeshaker

should also add,

the philly cheese at lenny's sub shop (i know it's corporate crap but it's damn good)

oh, and a double patty melt at p&h when i'm drunk on cheap beer
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 3:04 pm

That, and there is a BBQ joint right there that made the largest double bacon cheeseburger I have ever attempted to ingest. I had to tap out on that one. The BBQ joint is in little strip at winchester just west of perkins on the right side.

This place is called Reese's bar-b-q. Me n a buddy actually ate there based on this comment. Burgers are really good. I had a single and it was ample. I can only imagine trying to eat a double. They have a huge menu(philly cheese steak, gyros, smoked sausage, etc) and have daily plate lunch specials.
4606 winchester.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 3:55 pm

REESE'S! YES!

Man, you have to see this double bacon cheese burger. It is enormous.
I am glad you enjoyed it. Next time I am in town, I will go order the monster and give it another shot. This time I will make sure to take pics.
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Top's cheeseburger (with dub-l-fries, please)
new yorker at finos, minus the russian dressing
falafel pita at sean's cafe on union
scallop torta at las tortugas
patty melt @ the P&H
Posted: Apr 13, 2009 7:15 pm

scallop torta

WOAH!!!
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 3:58 pm

scallop torta

WOAH!!!

De Callo de Hacha Gigante
Grilled Wild U-10 Jumbo Sea Scallop

I thought I had died & gone to heaven the first time I had it.
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 6:56 pm

I've said it once, I'll say it again...

Hot Roast Beef at the YA Deli.

Substitute the Gouda for Cheddar; it rounds out the flavor better.
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 8:31 pm

De Callo de Hacha Gigante
Grilled Wild U-10 Jumbo Sea Scallop

I thought I had died & gone to heaven the first time I had it.

will you please go get another and post a picture? what all is on this thing? i gotta make one. drooooooool...
Posted: Apr 14, 2009 11:09 pm

I've said it once, I'll say it again...
TOTLLAAY GAY!!!!
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 12:27 pm

will you please go get another and post a picture?

next time i'm there, i'll try to remember. i only get out there a couple of times a year, unfortunately...now that i'm preggo, though, maybe i can guilt my husband into going for lunch soon.
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 3:41 pm

fried chicken sub: chinese sub shop on highland
patty melt: lamplighter
anything from tsunami
island club: bardog
that steak sandwich thing from bardog (omg it is so damn good, called the lumberjack or something)
Posted: Apr 15, 2009 8:12 pm

Man...I still have yet to have a sandwich at the Nami. Gotta get over there for one! I did finally have the chicken pita at the Kwik Stop on Central. Not bad but not big enough....I was still hungry. My wife had the veggie burger from there and I swear its the same kind they have at Hueys. Pretty tasty as well. Still gotta have a steak sandwich from Pyrtles too.
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 12:26 pm

i finally had the oyster po' boy at nami a few weeks back. that thing is super delicious. verrrrry good.

i have GOT to try that scallop torta. las tortugas is fucking great, but damn them for being way the fuck out there. they had the best damn fish tacos i've ever had in my life.
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 2:02 pm

Bruce, it sure is nice that you can type your thoughts in this forum.

I'm sure normally trying to talk is frustrating for you; no one can understand you with Scott and Robin's cocks in your mouth.

Speaking of cock in your mouth, I'm surprised the "man-sized" hot dog at the Pumping Station wasn't at the top of your list.
Posted: Apr 16, 2009 4:21 pm

That, and there is a BBQ joint right there that made the largest double bacon cheeseburger I have ever attempted to ingest. I had to tap out on that one. The BBQ joint is in little strip at winchester just west of perkins on the right side.

This place is called Reese's bar-b-q. Me n a buddy actually ate there based on this comment. Burgers are really good. I had a single and it was ample. I can only imagine trying to eat a double. They have a huge menu(philly cheese steak, gyros, smoked sausage, etc) and have daily plate lunch specials.
4606 winchester.

I had the double bacon cheese today...finished it. I need a nap.
Posted: Apr 17, 2009 1:20 pm

ttttsunami bahn mi is awesome.
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 9:06 am

I love the Tsunami oyster po boy...
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 2:55 pm

Dont know what kind of sandwich ya might be whippin up at home, but ya need to put this on it!

http://www.colmansmustard.com/colmans_mustard_usa.html
Posted: Apr 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Dont know what kind of sandwich ya might be whippin up at home, but ya need to put this on it!

http://www.colmansmustard.com/colmans_mustard_usa.html
Your answer

cosign.

great stuff...Im gonna take some with me the next time I hit the flea market...I can imagine it will be kick ass on a fresh from the fryer pronto pup.

I just wish the jars werent so damn small, although it will make my corn dog adventure easier I suppose
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 12:30 pm

all the sandwichs at Tsunami rule. Have a feeling Ben and Dave are gonna tweak the Bahn-mi and make it even better.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 7:53 pm

Yeah...not even sure you could get a pup in the mouth of that little jar(eww)! Would be pretty tasty though.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:16 am

tweak the Bahn-mi and make it even better.

Hmmm, I like my Bahn mi just how it is. I get up there, order my shit, wait for them to say, "Are you sure you want that, white boy?" and respond with "hell yes, extra jalapenos por favor"
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:19 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Bahn mi with au jus, then, Mmmmmm, damn!!!!!!!!!1

Like a reduced pho stock. damn
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 8:30 am

Tsunami bahn-mi is tweaked from the get go--it already has more TASTE than some viet place. I like the original, but find many of them too bready and just not as satisfying as I would prefer...cos I am a hopeless American piece of trash.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®