Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Don't eat that!
Posted: Aug 18, 2008 7:17 pm

Posted: Aug 19, 2008 7:20 am

i have a can of this stuff sitting on top pf my curio cabinet. look at the price for a case down below. wtf???
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 4:24 pm

wow thats's high dollar canned goods right there.
Posted: Aug 19, 2008 6:12 pm

Wow, 9 bux a can, that's pretty hardcore for some canned bacon.

Ol' Tony Bourdain went to some joint in Spain where they had some canned seafood for $250 a can. Talk about yer gourmet cat food! I'll be feeding that shit to my kitty when I hit the lottery.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 3:00 pm

potted meat is fine, especially if you dont have a refrigerator. corned beef, for example makes some mighty fine hash, and who can argue with the many merits of spam???

great site, thanks for helping me kill some time.
Posted: Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm

That was a great way to waste a few minutes, though I'm not sure why Steve's got to describe anything that tastes bad as ass, anus, or rectum.

Also totally confused by the inclusion of huitlacoche. Didn't think that was really too weird of an ingredient---me and four other Goners enjoyed some very tasty corn smut quesadillas a couple months ago.
Posted: Sep 7, 2008 7:26 pm

confused by the inclusion of huitlacoche

never had this stuff- is it like blue cheese of corn?

I have had some of the things on his list /for instance I like natto/ but its still funny to hear someone be so grossed out by it
Posted: Sep 8, 2008 4:34 pm

Laura gave winnie a can of this shit to her for her birthday, and stuck a candle in it.
Posted: Sep 10, 2008 1:17 am

gah i hate natto. it grosses me out. i dunno why i ate it but it was foul. but nowhere near as foul as sea urchin. barfaroni.

the huitlacoche stuff looks disgusting as fuck. i don't think i could put that anywhere near my mouth without hurling. the pickled pork rinds look gross too and very much like old people skin like the writer says.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 8:21 pm

Laura gave winnie a can of this shit to her for her birthday, and stuck a candle in it.

and then? This story seems incomplete- did it blow up? Is it like mexican blue cheese?

gah i hate natto.
natto is kinda *gross* but I like it. Its kinda coffee-nutty-roasted flavored and if its in the right ratio with something else its good, er- a little bit of natto and alooooooot of rice!
natto sushi ain't half bad.
Posted: Sep 11, 2008 9:25 pm

natto smells like the edamame that sat out in the dumpster for five days during the summer...

of course it's nastiness is totally eclipsed by the snot-like consistency of the turtle in my soup when dining in Kyoto... yakked that boogery shit, I sure did!
Posted: Sep 12, 2008 2:25 pm

and then? This story seems incomplete- did it blow up? Is it like mexican blue cheese?

I wish.
Posted: Sep 24, 2008 2:45 pm

I now want to make prison wine.
Posted: Sep 30, 2008 8:31 pm

Ben uses fermented soy beans to make a sauce at work that is spicy and salty. never thought of just eating the beans plain though.
Posted: Oct 1, 2008 12:26 am

and i meant spicy and salty in a good way when paired right by the way. goes great with steamed snapper.
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 12:57 pm

anatto got me by surprise in Japan one time. Got off a train early in the morning traveling to Nagasaki and went inside a panya (bakery) called "mermaid" and ordered coffee and a jelly donut. i took a bite and it was anatto. i mean it looked just like a jelly donut... powdered sugar on the outside y'know. that taste just caught me off guard completely.
Posted: Dec 14, 2008 9:18 pm

oh holy crap this site just made my day.
Posted: Sep 27, 2017 2:09 am

That was an incredible approach to squander a couple of minutes, however I don't know why Steve must depict anything that tastes terrible as ass, rear-end, or rectum.
Likewise completely confounded by the incorporation of huitlacoche. Didn't feel that was truly excessively odd of a fixing - me and four different Goners appreciated some exceptionally top notch corn muck quesadillas two or three months back. Shilpa
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®