Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / homemade granola
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Is there a way to take granola and make clusters out of it?

I bought some homemade granola from the bakery down the street and it is so yummy, but you almost have to eat it with a spoon. I want to take it and make some clusters that might make it a little easier to eat as a snack or as a cereal.

Anybody ever make it?
Posted: Jul 24, 2008 4:47 pm

make a binding agent - such as ground up almonds & honey... pour on granola, then bunch up into clusters and bake at a low temp (250) for 15 minutes or so

helps if you cook it on a non-stick pan, or else use parchment paper on your cookie sheet

let cool completely - that helps it set
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 10:41 am

I used to make granola when I worked in the bakery at Squash. If my poor memory serves me right, here's what was in it: oats, barley flakes, wheat flakes, flax seed, almonds, raisins, all bound up in a mixture of honey, pure maple syrup, and cinnamon. We cooked it spread out on a sheet pan, like TK said, at low heat. Man that stuff was good.

Wow, that was about 15 years ago. I can't believe I remembered it.
Posted: Jul 25, 2008 12:47 pm

I sprinkled some over haagen dazs honey bee vanilla ice cream last night. man o man, it was good.

I need to try re-heating it and clumping it up with some honey. ....
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 4:53 pm

haagen dazs honey bee vanilla ice cream

ok, i need this NOW
Posted: Jul 26, 2008 5:32 pm

oh, you do. It's VERY good.
Posted: Oct 15, 2009 7:38 pm

Heh. I just got around to making some granola. I totally forgot about this thread and failed to make my granola clumpy. I'll try the tips on the next batch I guess.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®