Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 4:30 pm

i bought a can of this last night at the store. any thoughts on this delicious mexican dish?
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 4:46 pm

its amazing! but i've never had it in a can? only at a taqueria of some kind and it rules. and i love adding hot sauce, cilantro and onions and lime...yum...
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 5:51 pm

That's like hominy pork stew right? Heavenly!
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 6:53 pm

Out of a can? OMG!

Yep s.s. hominy n pork, but not so stewy, it's more of a brothy soup than a thick stew. The joint I get the hominy from the most serves it with a side of chips and a tray full of chopped onion, cilantro and fresh jalapenos. Mebbe that's what I'll have for dinner. Or mebbe Caldo de Res. I'll decide when I get there. The caldo de res is $6.95, while the pozole's only $4.95. I might have to go cheepskate route.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 7:05 pm

Oh man, pozole (or posole, seen it spelled both ways) is the best. I use the big cans of hominy, some country-style pork ribs, chicken stock, roasted Anaheim chiles, onions and cumin. Top it with cilantro, more roasted chiles and sliced radishes. One of my favorites!
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 7:25 pm

I recently found a tiny hole of a restaurant here in south CA that has pozole verde. Rich, green broth thickened with finely ground pumpkin seeds and epazote herb. Comes with a plate of fried pig skin, a couple of potato rolled tacos, avacado, limes, etc. Incredible.

Traditional red is one of the most essential, comforting things ever. A big bowl, plenty of limes and a bottle of mineral water is like Mexican Vicodin.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 8:57 pm

pork soup...my god is it good. is this can variety any good???
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:52 pm

Canned aint so good. Hit the taqueria. Green or red, I like it. Great for a hangover, much better than menudo.
Posted: Apr 17, 2008 11:59 pm

i haven't really seen it at the taquerias around here. i'll look harder. i haven't cracked the can yet, but i'll will give y'all a full update.
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 2:07 pm

the canned stuff wasn't as good as i had hoped.
Posted: Apr 22, 2008 6:36 pm

hmmm...it's all in that lovely porkiness. thats why the can might not be so hot.
Posted: Apr 23, 2008 3:24 pm

there was lots of porkiness. i squoze some lime into it in hopes that would help. did a little
Posted: Apr 24, 2008 12:30 pm

hmmm...i think its like matzoh ball soup, you just can't eat that kinda thing from the can.
Posted: Apr 25, 2008 1:51 am

Pig and Popcorn stew,,,,yum!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®