Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Best chips I have ever had...
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Zapps Hotter 'n Hot Jalapeno!!!!!
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 4:53 pm

Duh!

I actually like the crawtator flavor better.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 6:09 pm

There is only one place in town that sells 'em. So we don't get as much as we'd eat. I don't know if I have had the crawtator...as spicy as the jalapeno ones?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 7:07 pm

yum, are these like, west coast tims cascades jalapeno?
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 8:06 pm

i've been addicted to terra chips lately
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 8:21 pm

west coast tims cascade
Naw, made in gramercy, louisiana.
Posted: Mar 19, 2008 9:33 pm

Tims are really good, but not as good as these Zapps. Now, I have had some Zapps that weren't as good as Tims Sea Salt and Vinegar, but these particular Zapps are THE BEST.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:53 am

Sounds really good. Used to have Zapps Cajun Craw Tater chips brought up by my family that lived in Gulf Shores 'cause you couldn't get em in TN.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 10:37 am

it's all 'bout pork rinds and cajun boiled peanuts for this boy!!!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 6:00 pm

Can you get Zapps in Memphis now?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:31 pm

yum. zapps. i must try now. anything thats like upgraded munchos. yum. even munchos. yum.
and i definitely love me some pork rinds. with spicy stuff all over. yum.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:33 pm

ok, i went to website, and if i get a wild hair i can buy 8 bags for $21 including shipping....hmmmm??
there flavors looked amazing
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:36 pm

and, wait! what is a chee wee's????
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 8:51 pm

it's like a cheeto.

zapps are just kettle cooked potato chips, there's a few brands out there doing it. but zapps has the best flavors.

ranking of flavors:
1) crawtator
2) jalapeno
3) salt & pepper
4) salt & vinegar
5) sour cream & onion
6) regular
7) dill
8) tobasco / tomato (taste like spicy ketchup)
9) no salt (why would anyone ever eat anything without salt?)
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:06 pm

Kettle Spicy Thai kills all them others DEAD!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:24 pm

Kettle Spicy Thai is good, but no Zapps jalapeno!!!!!

Jessiebelle, 8 bags for $21 is totally worth it. Keep 4 and give 4 as gifts to those LA fools!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:33 pm

unless Zapps alludes to a certain Scott Baio/ Heather Thomas 80's teen sex comedy it ain't shit
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:35 pm

Well, I disagree but that Scott Baio vehicle was fantastic!
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:38 pm

well it's good that you gave up cause my time at the library is almost up

full moon tonight...must find heffenreffer
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Tim's Dill Pickle (discontinued?)
Kettle Cheddar Beer
Kettle Spicy Thai
Kettle Buffalo Bleu

... and Tim's has some RAD sounding "ethnic" flavors on their webshits that I've never seen but sound aresome:

Sabor Mole
Salsa de Tamarindo
Limon con Salsa
Cotija y Chiles
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 9:48 pm

unless Zapps alludes to a certain Scott Baio/ Heather Thomas 80's teen sex comedy it ain't shit

Do Zapps come in "Funky Roger Troutman Flavor"?
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 10:39 pm

Sabor Mole
Salsa de Tamarindo
Limon con Salsa
Cotija y Chiles

Go out to 162nd and Glisan in NE PDX...or Gresham. I bet you'll see em.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 10:50 pm

a chee-wee is also a band, I ewcwntly learned. My boyfriendless classmate informed me that the chee-weez were going to play her wedding, and I was like, "who?" Then I looked them up on myspace, which I recomend doing if you want to be simulataneously amused and irratated.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 11:31 pm

Tim's Dill Pickle (discontinued?)

Don't you talk like that! That is my favorite chip......'course I haven't seen 'em in years....fuck....sad now.
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 11:34 pm

I actually like the crawtator flavor better.

i gotta bag of those right now. they're great!

Can you get Zapps in Memphis now?

yup. schmuck's err i mean schnuck's has 'em.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:29 pm

The best chips I've ever had are Sterzing's. You can only get them in SE Iowa, and they only come in "regular" flavor, but the taste and texture can't be beaten. Until about 5 years ago, they were packaged in a bag made out of wax paper that actually left a grease mark on the supermarket shelf. Cool!
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:33 pm

Anyone try the Utz's variety that is actually cooked in lard? Totally nasty, and I'll bet totally tasty as well.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 12:52 pm

I love that Sterzing's has "THE ECONOMY PAK" on their bag.

I have had some great food in Iowa; it is a surprisingly lovely state too.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 1:49 pm

never had a sterzings either...those chee wees look pretty cute.
although i think if its worth it i might order those damn zapps. fucking yum.
tims totally don't make the dill pickle anymore. that was a good time. ahhh well.
Posted: Mar 21, 2008 9:50 pm

the Utz's variet
i've had the utz's cheese balls. they sucked. i literally couldn't give them away to a homeless trust fund hipster.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 10:28 am

Remember the Charles Chips' man? I know they still make these, but nothing was like having a guy come out to refill the tin cans back in the day. The old tin cans were used as mini toy boxes for me too.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 2:03 pm

thats soooo neat. a guy who brought chips like the milk man? rad.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Yep--I know they still sell the chips at the store in South Carolina, but I doubt the man still comes out. He had a little uniform and everything.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 5:30 pm

fuck, i like that stuff so much. hmmm....
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 7:45 pm

We have a milk man, it's fantastic! No chips...but they've got great butter and eggs too.
Posted: Mar 22, 2008 9:10 pm

We have a mail man..a few different ones even!
Posted: Mar 23, 2008 5:48 pm

Remember the Charles Chips' man? I know they still make these, but nothing was like having a guy come out to refill the tin cans back in the day. The old tin cans were used as mini toy boxes for mi have a charles chips can full of silver dollars!
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 12:41 am

all i have is a mail man too.
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 7:54 pm

Zapp's are the best- I used to get my sister-in-law from Baton Rouge to send them to me, now I can get them at Schneessel's or the All-In-One! Zapp's occasionally puts out a Habanero chip that is even better than the Jalapeno ones. Crawtators are the next best.
Charles Chips had some killer cookies, too, that came in a shorter canister.
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 11:08 pm

proof zapps rules.

from their new website...awesome coonass totale, cher:

"SOUR CREAM & CREOLE ONION - A creamy smooth taste with a hint of Creole onion for folks with a mellow palate. This sounds like we write menus for a living. I've always wanted to meet someone that does this. I bet they live in a tree, refill liquor bottles with cheap booze, and drive little pissant British sports cars."

zapps

they sometimes make sweet potato chips that are gooood. I also like the ltd. ed. sea salt and black pepper ones.
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 11:11 pm

they sometimes make sweet potato chips that are gooood.

i wish i could find some of those around here. i love their crawtator kind so much, it's kind of disgusting.
Posted: Mar 24, 2008 11:17 pm

yeah, they're not around right now. sux.

they should put the crawtator dust on the sweet potato ones...that would be amazing.
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 9:06 am

I wanna say I had those sour cream and creole onion ones last year...and indeed they were great.
Posted: Mar 25, 2008 2:57 pm

ok, i think i found a store that might sell them here. i will know within the hour damnit.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 1:34 pm

they didn't have em so i'm bummed. and i can't even say yum.
Posted: Mar 26, 2008 4:19 pm

i make my own. food processor to slice the potatoes, throw em in the fridge overnight immersed in water, deep fry half way, take em out, pat em down, and finish frying and pat down again. theyre only crispy for a short time but theres nothing as good as fresh, hot, homemade chips.
Posted: Mar 27, 2008 12:58 pm

theres nothing as good as fresh, hot, homemade chips.

cow chips!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!

L.O.L!!!!

I'M HALARIOUS!!!!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®