Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / DeTox tea/diets
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 2:25 pm

I was looking into this a bit and need a little direction.

I bought the book The Great American Detox Diet

any thoughts, folks?
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 3:10 pm

i've heard that it makes you feel really crappy for the first week or so of it then you feel lots better. but still, that first week is enough to make most people stop.
Posted: Feb 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Howe Gelb tried to talk me into that once like an Amway salesman corrupting a new neighbor. He is the only person I ever met that did it hardcore and more than once.

The only thing I have ever heard from a nutrionist's standpoint was that it is insanely bad for your body and doesn't detox anything. People lose weight (no duh) and feel lightheaded from starvation, so this somehow equals "detoxing". I am an instant hater because I'd never have the willpower even if it was great for you.
Posted: Feb 23, 2008 3:00 pm

it makes you feel crazy and shitty! i've tried and its just not up my alley. it gave me a headache for 3 days. my way of detox now, is just don't drink or eat like shit for awhile and eat lots of healthy food and tea instead.
there's lots of yummy vitamins and teas to drink though.
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 12:03 am

done the "lemonade detox" and felt just fine. thought about food constantly, but felt fine. the salt water chug is hilarious. trust me on that.....
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 5:56 pm

well, i know the reason i felt like shit is all the nasty stuff and toxic waste was probably coming out of my body.
the master cleanse is the one everyone loves but there's detox's with soups and veggies that aren't as crazy.
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Some people might enjoy water moccasins coming out of their ass... others may not, you never know with people.
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 1:35 pm

He is the only person I ever met that did it hardcore and more than once.

When I worked for Ripe/Gotham/Clarklewis Michael and Naomi were big into doing regular cleanses... maybe about twice a year. And it wasn't even just them, about half the staff were into it. The thing is, when someone is a week into no food, subsisting off of tea and juice, they get a little batshit crazy. Hard to deal with during lunch/dinner rushes.

Drove me nuts.
Posted: Feb 25, 2008 7:01 pm

That's just silly...I can think of lots of better ways to torture myself....
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 11:16 am

day 4 of detox: feel like complete shit

also feel like a complete pussy, cuz this detox kit I bought is form Targer Joe's....
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 4:59 pm

day 4! your amazing! do you only get liquids?
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 5:02 pm

No, I'm eating, I'm eating

A new sympton has emerged...horrible horrible heartburn and zits!!

(make me nostalgic for the farting and headaches of yesterday)
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 5:15 pm

i know a friend who loves loves to detox and says thats all the toxic crap coming out of your body. i had a headache the whole time i did the liquid style detox. i was allowed greens and liquids actually.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 5:16 pm

are you eating/drinking a lot of acids? maybe thats the heartbrn talking.
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 6:07 pm

I say it's your body eating itself to survive....get a burrito...
Posted: Feb 27, 2008 6:59 pm

yeah, how long do you have left??
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 10:20 am

It's supposed to be 2 weeks, so that would end it on March 9th...but The Fall-outs are playing here in LA on the 8th, so I have a sneaking suspicion that the detox will end a day or 2 early....

(Today, I have a runny nose, like a faucet)
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 1:03 pm

So, what exactly are you eating/drinking, NOT eating/drinking??
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 3:23 pm

LIke I said, I got this kit from Trader Joe, it has NO instructions. I realized on day 1 that I needed to skip my usual triple espresso.

So, no caffeine, tons of water, no alcohol, no dairy, no sugar, no carbs

mostly meat and veg-- turkey patty with roated tomatoe for break, Dr Praeger veg patty with spinach for lunch and roasted chicken and veg for dinner.

So, that is part of the reason I feel like such a retard for feeling so fucking sick.

Here's a thought, maybe I am just getting the flu..???
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 4:59 pm

Nah, your body is prolly just adjusting to the whole thing.
Posted: Feb 28, 2008 5:10 pm

definitely adjusting...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®