Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 10:25 am

I love gatorade!

I love it even more when they slap a different label on it, double the price, and call it Vitamin Water!

Makes me feel like a healthy happy hippy! as opposed to being a dumb, gatorade swilling jock.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 10:33 am

I only like the pink Rain variety
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:45 pm

Do they still have Gatorade Gum? That stuff is wonderful!
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:46 pm

i like purple rain.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Do they still have Gatorade Gum?
I don't think so. It figures since it was good.
Gatorade is great for when you have diarrhea!
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 10:31 am

Damn I have to go get some right now.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 11:22 am

call it Vitamin Water!

isn't it more like electrolyte water? or are electrolytes considered vitamins?
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Do they still have Gatorade Gum? That stuff is wonderful!

Gatorgum!! No, it's not made anymore... my friend Jon Von used to always have some at the ready right when you needed it.
Orbit had a short lived lemon-lime flavor recently that tasted exactly the same as Gatorgum, but they quit making it too... why the lack of love for tangy juicy gum flavors?
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 3:42 pm

It's also fine to give to sick kids (and doesn't taste as gross as that pedialyte stuff) to stave off dehydration.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 4:30 pm

most flavors of gatorade are too strong and have too much of a salty flavor to suite me. however, i do like the rain ones. those aren't as overpowering as the rest. :D i still can't drink the fruit punch flavored gatorade as i cracked into a bottle of it during a particularly gruesome hangover and ralphed it all over the place, including in the parking lot of work. still can't handle that one after 2 years following the above described incident. bluh.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 4:42 pm

The fruit punch gatorade sucks! I refuse to drink anything besides orange.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 4:58 pm

I like the original flavors. You know like green and red. Now they got all these weird kiwi and cool blast kind of ones. It's all still better than Powerade though.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Gatorade rules, especially when you're hungover.

I remember Gatorgum being really good but running out of flavor fast and having a horrible aftertaste.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 8:28 pm

the only original gatorade is the green lemon lime. it was years before they came out with the orange. and that was a big deal. red came along later.

gator gum is good but you gotta spit it out quick like jackson said cuz it will ass on your tongue. just big red gives you dogpile breath if you chew it too long.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 9:02 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Posted: Feb 17, 2008 9:18 pm

I've been making up my own special drink lately. Way better than gatorade:

pack of Emergen-C
One cup water
One cup Cran

mmm, good.
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 9:24 pm

i take those emergen-c things all the time. kicks a hangover in the ass.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:38 am

the blue powerade is pretty damn good. but my fav gatorade is the lemon lime.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm

My favorite depends on my mood. Orange, Fierce Grape, Lime Rain, Berry/Fruit Punch X-Factor, Lemon-Lime/Strawberry X-Factor - all good. 'Bout the only time I drink original Lemon-Lime is when I make it from powder.

I don't drink Gatorade much unless 7-11 has quarts on sale 2/$3. No way I'm paying the going rate of $2 a quart. Since I gotta haul my groceries home in a backpack, it's hard to justify loading it up with grocery store Gatorades for $1 a quart.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 12:58 pm

gator gum was my favorite damn thing in the whole world. i don't think they have it anymore.
i love love gatorade. my stand in lately has been vitamin water but it has to be the purple revive one.
i'm a lemon-lime gal usually on the gatorade. old standard.
damn, i want some of that fucking gum....
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 3:38 pm

Orbit had a short lived lemon-lime flavor

we have it in abundance here. chicago, after all, is the home of wrigely.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

we have it in abundance here. chicago, after all, is the home of wrigely.

I bought all Big Lots had... 9 packs... and hoarded them like a dope fiend, chewing only in my closet in the dark, sharing with no one... goddamn it, Arman. Well I'm hitting your town in May... GUM shoppin'! Party!
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 4:38 pm

seriously??? in chicago hunh? well, fuck. i'm nowhere near there. its so delicious, mmmmm...boy am i jealous.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 9:48 pm

We got it in Milwaukee too. It's aiight
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 10:15 pm

i been buying these things since i started playing soccer again... i always forget which non-Gatorade flavors i like and get suckered into a cool name...

pretty sure ARCTIC SHATTER is bad, but how can you resist?
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Fierce Melon is the best
or maybe that's the greatest Dick Tracy villain
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 11:38 pm

pretty sure ARCTIC SHATTER is bad, but how can you resist?

that is a pretty awesome name, i must say. i am just scared of what it would taste like. maybe if you add vodka, you could call it ARCTIC SHATTERED.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 7:57 am

Fierce Melon is the best
or maybe that's the greatest Dick Tracy villain

or a real tough jam band
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 8:28 am

hoarded them like a dope fiend, chewing only in my closet in the dark, sharing with no one

i buy them by the handful. usually wad three sticks together, take a few chews then spit them on ground.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:44 pm

Jon Von

I swear to god my kindergarden boyfriends name was this. We sat at the back of the rug (he was a V, I was a W) and held hands. Could it possibly be the same person?
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 12:48 pm

jon von jovi
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 2:38 pm

Could it possibly be the same person?

Only if you were in kindergarten in 1964... then perhaps.

Fierce Melon...a real tough jam band

The 'Hornet Girl' video!
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Only if you were in kindergarten in 1964... then perhaps

Nope, it was 1980. But his name was spelled the same.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 4:47 pm

Vonzelowitz?
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Nope, it was literally Jon Von. Or it mighta been Vaughan, but I remember it as Von. I just knew I *loved* him.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:48 pm

That Fierce Grape one is pretty good. When I have the serious hangover I can drink like 4 of those quarts. Def. rehydrates me, but it is salty as shit. The white colored Powerade is good but I dont remember the name..less sodium too.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®