Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Le Creuset Rules
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Remember my "Zen" tea kettle by Le Creuset that I bought at Ross that was missing the plastic part that makes it whistle/stops spillage? Well, I emailed them about it being missing from the box and THEY ARE JUST SENDING ME A REPLACEMENT PART! No receipt, no care that I bought it at Ross, nothing. I now am a bonafide fan.
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 3:43 pm

My parents bought me a Le Creuset Dutch Oven, and I can't think of living without it now.

It's good to know that they have awesome customer service.
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 6:37 pm

le creuset is my favorite cooking thingie
every piece totally rocks
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 7:01 pm

I am going to keep check Ross and Michaels etc for cheap pieces--I can't believe there is line of shitty Le Creuset, but then again, we are discussing the French. Remember the Peugeot? They seem to run fine over there, but we had one of those in the 70's and it was a gorgeous piece of SHIT.
Posted: Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm

I got the large oblong grill pan as a gift... and I already have the square... what do you think my chances of exchanging it for a French Oven are? I have no packaging whatsoever, but we have a Le Creuset store at the outlet mall...
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 8:58 am

They responded to me within 24 hours online, so I think you are in luck. I'd email them first before trying your luck at the outlet store.
Posted: Jan 30, 2008 12:03 pm

they have Creuset factory seconds , not the whole line of cookware but I picked up a blue dutch oven without a visible flaw for less then half-price at the outlet mall,it took 15 minutes to scrub off the 'Creuset Factory Second' sticker but then it was good to go
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 12:21 pm

i want one of these so bad. and on my mini trip to seattle i found a top with no bottom and i ran around the store like a mad woman looking for it to no avail.
god damn it i can't afford a new one. i know there's a used one out there waiting for me...
Posted: Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm

I just found the lid to my cast iron dutch oven. I thought it was lost forever. I'm so happy.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 12:21 pm

Got the tea kettle thing today! Love Le Creuset!

Anyone rec the next logical piece to own?
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 1:10 pm

i just went on amazon.com and the prices weren't actually so bad. crap i want a dutch oven or what do you guys think is the most useful???
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 3:13 pm

We have a Lodge cast iron dutch over that is really one of the best pieces we own...I'd say go for a dutch oven.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 6:29 pm

The 5 1/2 quart dutch ovens can be used for just about anything. Big enough for soup but not too big that you couldn't braise in it. I'd say go for a Dutch Oven also.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 8:30 pm

tea kettle

Use it daily.

5 1/2 quart dutch ovens

Use it at least weekly. The grill pans are great, too. The ramekins and bakeware get some frequent use too. The only thing I don't use as much are the sauce pans and small enamel skillet... but I should. One tip for less sticking... hot pan, cold oil. Oh my lordy, those scoopy rubber spatulas they make are the shit too!!
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 9:32 pm

The tea kettle (mine is the "Zen" model) just LOOKS really good too; I leave mine out on the stovetop.
Posted: Feb 1, 2008 9:39 pm

(mine is the "Zen" model) just LOOKS really good too; I leave mine out on the stovetop.

It is pretty and petite, I checked it out! What color? I have the original one...and I do too.

(btw Saispas, those silver t-straps were out of stock!! $#@#@$!!% Email me and tell me about your trip!)
Posted: Feb 2, 2008 10:16 am

I bought black--they had a green one, but the black was naturally the best color.

I will email you today--Memphis was the tonic I needed.
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 1:50 pm

i love the 2 quart red heart casserole!
Posted: Feb 16, 2008 5:22 pm

i bought one and put it on the credit card. screw all~ now i want more more more!!!! aaahhh!@#$%^&*
how do you clean these things without ruining em? will mine come with instructions???
Posted: Feb 17, 2008 3:33 pm

Pretty nice stuff. Bought a couple pieces yesterday as a matter of fact.
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 9:04 pm

bought some All Clad pans at TJ Maxx and got some for XMas now decked out in good cookery. I don't want to put them in the dishwasher. What say anyone else about dishwashers and good pans?
Posted: Feb 18, 2008 10:58 pm

I know when I was a dishwasher and would get fed up I'd just throw the pans; good, bad, and allclad; in the dumpster
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:15 pm

got my le creuset today. hallelujah! and they came with a nice little book with instructions...i bet if you look up all clad, on their site it'll tell ya how to clean em.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:46 pm

Wheee! What color did you get? I traded in my grill pan, and the oval 2.75 qt french oven was on special for $80, only cost me $20 extra. It won't stack inside my 5.5 qt round Dutch oven, but it is mighty cute!

I say hand wash all pots and pans...
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 10:46 pm

i'm a hand wash kinda gal too. they just stressed to not put hot pan in water and let it cool first. i know that seems like common sense but thats how i've ruined many a pan...
i got the cobalt blue 5 1/2 quart one. it was the sale one. so, my choices of color was limited. i am excited as all hell about it though.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®