Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:01 pm

Pretty sure this topic has come up before, but I can't find it.

I just bought a bottel of Kubler's and was envisioning doing the czech ritual with the fire, etc.

Anyone have any better ideas? horror stories, etc?
Posted: Jan 14, 2008 10:26 pm

it makes the heart grow fonder...
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 12:56 am

I had some of that 'lucid' stuff not long ago. bah.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 1:15 am

Does it "work"?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 1:30 am

yeah, it gets you drunk.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 2:37 am

at the core of absinthe (i used to make my own) is grain alcohol.
yeah. it gets you drunk
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 1:48 pm

Moonshine or Absinthe?
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 4:13 pm

Absinthe

when you make absinthe at home, you have to start with a clear spirit and make a bunch of herbal tinctures with it and then combine them at the end of a distillation period. one COULD use vodka, but there is a recipe that also calls for grain alcohol, which i used as i thought it would be interesting

regardless of the clear spirit into which the various herbs are put to soak... absinthe will get you drunk!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm

I made absinthe once many years ago, it made me feel like C3-PO.

So my question was, has anyone done the diff "rituals"?

and does it matter...
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm | Edited by: saint sarah

So my question was, has anyone done the diff "rituals"?
Yes, sugar, fire, yadda yadda. It still got me drunk and I thiink it tasted slightly less like a russian bag lady's barf than it did coming right out of the bottle. But other than a slight imporvement in taste, I don't think it did anything. I didn't trip and I most likely threw up, don't really recall.
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 4:52 pm

I made absinthe once many years ago, it made me feel like C3-PO

so if i want to sound like a gay robot then drink absinthe? SOLD!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 9:05 pm

it made me feel like C3-PO.

I want some new kinda kick!
Gimmie a KICK!!
Posted: Jan 15, 2008 9:41 pm

Try Pernod.
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 2:25 am

for years i was tempted to just let a hunk of wormwood steep in pernod or ricard and then strain it to see if the end result was absinthe-like

but the end result is that i like none of them - pernod, ricard OR absinthe
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 3:42 pm

a little pernod goes a loooooong way.
sazerac!
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 4:19 pm

just try smoking some dust, you cowards
Posted: Jan 16, 2008 9:53 pm | Edited by: sixelsix

I have a photo of Alex Greene drinking absinthe in Stockholm. On his birthday, no less.
Judging by that picture, he was feeling no pain.
Posted: Mar 3, 2009 2:05 pm

Last St. Pats I had Absinthe.
Lots of it.
At 9 am.
Straight from the bottle.
I regret and remember nothing.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 6:55 pm

the last time i had that shit, i had the WORST vomity hangover. it was truly awful. no more of that crap for me. and besides, i HATE the taste of anise.
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 8:10 am

was at a party on saturday and drank some malort. all the shitty taste of unflavored/sweetend absinthe and instant multiple organ failure/septic shock hangover.
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am

the wormswood is what gives absinthe the hallucinagenic effect. the wormswood in absinthe (not US absinthe) is activated by that 'ritual' you are speaking of. place an absinthe spoon on the top of the glass, place a sugar cube in the middle of the spoon, pour absinthe into cup over sugar cube, light sugar cube on fire til it burns off, pour cold water over cube to dilute absinthe and melt away cube. voila!

lucid has trace amounts of wormswood, i believe. otherwise, you gotta go across the water to get any real stuff. but, it tastes like black licorice and it will get you drunk!
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 10:55 am

s bryant distilled him some wormwood once, but never made it to the next step.

Reminds me of my friends in college who made liquid THC, hoping for one-drop highs. Produced one-drop splitting headaches. Wahoo!

Shoulda marketed that to the CIA, they coulda been rich!
Posted: Mar 12, 2009 11:49 am

i used to regularly make absinthe. you distill tinctures of all kinds of herbs including wormwood. you used grain alcohol. tasted weird. as in bad weird.

i don't like LUCID absinthe. KUBLER - now that's a good one
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®