Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / How do you drink your whiskey?
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 3:02 am

I usually enjoy it in a tall glass with ice and diet coke.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:19 am

Cheap shit - a shake of Angostura bitters and equal part Coke, maybe some ice.
Good shit - a dribble of water.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:27 am

The Kessler's I bought was horrid even with diet coke. It burned, and not in a good way.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:25 pm

I either mix it with ice water, or else I do a shot and chase it with water or beer. Sometimes I'll mix it with soda water when I feel fancy.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 4:36 pm

I usually enjoy it in a tall glass with ice and diet coke.

shouldn't this be under the "fairly ashamed" thread?
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm

jesus ... all these questions about "good" whiskey and now we're talking drinking it with DIET COKE

I can see real Co'Cola but diet?

on the rocks or mebbe with soda & a cherry when there's ladies present ... that's a "hi-ball"
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 5:40 pm | Edited by: m t millionaire

I switched to diet coke years ago and now regular is too sweet for me. Besides, I'm pretty sure they put crack in diet.
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 6:02 pm

if you must drink like a divorcee at least switch to ginger ale. damn...
Posted: Oct 26, 2007 7:33 pm

Whiskey is gross. Bob McDonald tried to tell me years ago I should drink Irish whiskey instead of "American crap" and so I tried. While slightly better, I could not envision an entire drink filled with that foul taste. Clear liquor, por favor.
Posted: Oct 27, 2007 10:47 pm

Something about a Damned song.
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 3:59 pm | Edited by: junior

with my mouth!

with vernors or sour mix or limeade
Posted: Oct 28, 2007 9:14 pm

using the swig method
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 2:16 am

Rocks or Gingerale and rocks if I'm feeling civilized.

Either way, they go down way too quick.
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 4:30 am

with a little water on the rocks if it's good sippin shit. otherwise, it's shot plain straight up with nothin more.

i like me some whiskey, but i don't drank it a whole lot cuz i'll end up gittin all mean.
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 5:13 am

Empty a one-liter cola bottle to just below the label and fill it with bottom shelf Kentucky shit. I try to avoid "75% grain neutral spirits" but other than that all bets are off!

I also enjoy a cheeseburger which is something I learned at a gay bar. Fill a shot glass about 3/4 of the way (with whiskey you sickos) and splash a touch of cola on top. Hits you fast!
Posted: Oct 29, 2007 11:05 pm

On the rocks or with soda. Very rarely- but it does happen, usually when the Polish proprietess at my local decides to buy me one at the end of the night- in shot form.
Posted: Nov 2, 2007 2:42 am

Ice, and a little bit of branch water
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 12:25 am

Straight shot, pint of Bass on the side...sounds like tonight!!
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 7:10 pm

Jim beam neat with a soda back
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 9:39 pm

drunkly
Posted: Dec 5, 2007 9:40 pm

and irish
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 12:53 am

not anymore....bad, bad things happened when I did....I stick to vodka now...and maybe tequila....
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 5:00 pm

strait whiskey! cause miss linda aint no sissy
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 6:52 pm

from a glass.

i could use a shot of powers right now.
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 9:45 pm

apparently, I enjoy a nice bottle of red wine followed by a whiskey chaser, or 3...

(ugh wine whiskey hangover, will I never learn?)
Posted: Dec 7, 2007 9:57 pm

jim beam and coke or early times and coke or jack and coke or gentleman jack and coke. used to be a huge gin girl, but now i love whiskey. it's true what they say: bad things happen on gin.
Posted: Dec 10, 2007 10:30 pm

i had a knob creek on the rocks with a splash of water the other night and it was mellllllow...
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 1:59 am

t's true what they say: bad things happen on gin.

don't believe everything you hear. AWESOME things happen on gin. the bad things don't happen until the next morning.
Posted: Dec 11, 2007 2:22 am

don't believe everything you hear. AWESOME things happen on gin. the bad things don't happen until the next morning.

yessir. splittin' headaches from the gins. me no likey. i end up feeling like i'm sweating out pine sol after drinkin' cheap gin.
Posted: Dec 12, 2007 7:19 pm

I drink mine with a hangover- it's delicious.
I tried to drink one as a 'nightcap' the other night after drinking a bunch of beer and was reminded the next day why I stopped drinking it a few months back. Pulsating head. All day. How does one get rid of a whiskey hangover? With more whiskey? Cuz those headaches don't stop after eating greezy food or other tried and true tactics.
Posted: Dec 13, 2007 5:58 am

Well, I normally drink it straight, on the rocks. But one time I drank it while pissing on the floor of an art gallery, wondering who the hell left their unfurnished apartment unlocked.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 2:56 am

That's happened to me, too. Why do people leave their unfurnished apartments unlocked for me to piss on? It also happened on a "Ford for Congress" van, and an elevator in a medical building. Weird....
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 6:15 pm

My new fave way to dirnk whiskey:

on my birthday wearing a top hat, in the bath tub with my boyfriend.
Posted: Dec 21, 2007 6:25 pm | Edited by: miss linda

At Burger King in front of all the customers.
Posted: Dec 22, 2007 9:27 pm

Posted: Dec 26, 2007 7:08 pm

ginger ale (never the fake bar-made kind) or 7up
Posted: Dec 26, 2007 11:36 pm

I like my whiskey the way I like my women.
Twelve years old and mixed up with coke.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 12:38 am

booooooooooooo!
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 10:13 am

good tastin' hootch and some soda water - room temp, loaded pipe, smoking jacket - comfy chair and a classic 19th century travel book about going up the Nile.
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 12:14 pm

ginger ale (never the fake bar-made kind

Bitters and soda??? Thats the best kind!!!
Posted: Dec 27, 2007 4:50 pm

made a new drink last night:
whiskey, grenadine, club soda and bitters with a lime.

yummy.
Posted: Jan 18, 2008 6:52 pm

shot and beer back...its the most economical
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®