Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / HOLY FUCK KOBAYASHI HAS..............
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:11 pm

JAW ARTHRITIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

joey chestnutt is a shoe-in at nathan's now.
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:21 pm

Jaw arthritis? is that even a real medical condition?

Something gives me the feeling this is a hoax or just a ridiculous publicity stunt, smells like Vince McMahon.
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:27 pm

but whether it's true or not, if he doesn't show up on July 4th that is gonna be total bullllllshit!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:31 pm

"Jaw arthritis" must be TMJ syndrome...
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:31 pm

maybe he got tet-anus?
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 7:37 pm

Yeah, he may have stepped on a rusty nail...
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 9:10 pm

I think he's preparing to lose. He's afraid of shaming his country and so he's using a medical condition to cover his potential weakness against mr. chestnut.

If he loses I think he may attempt hari kari with a hot dog.
Posted: Jun 25, 2007 11:05 pm

What a disappointment. Joey Chestnut without Kobayashi is like Rocky without Apollo Creed.

I was looking forward to this contest more than anything. Kobayashi better have a miraculous recovery. Otherwise, Wanda "The Black Widow" needs to step up and give Chestnut a run for his money.
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 12:37 am

from ifoce.com...

Kobayashi 'Day-to-Day'
6/25/2007

New York, NY, June 25, 2007 -- Japanese eating phenom and hot dog-eating world champion Takeru Kobayashi was listed as "day-to-day" on Monday after reportedly suffering from jaw pain.

However, Kobayashi has stated that he plans to compete in the Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog-Eating Contest in Coney Island and in the Pizza Hut P'Zone Challenge on July 10 in Manhattan.

"Eater safety is our top priority and we will respect whatever decision Kobayashi makes about participating in these events," said Richard Shea, President of Major League Eating.
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 6:36 am

"day to day?"

that's fucking hilarious.
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 10:35 am

I was looking forward to this contest
is this on the food network
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 2:58 pm

espn
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 3:30 pm

amazing logo on his blog!

kobayashi blog
Posted: Jun 26, 2007 10:01 pm

Brog engrished:

Vocational disease

Some days ago, my jaw seceded the front.

In the scream of the body, the ear you have been ashamed by your being able to tilt.

When training starting from there was a pain.

Goal, when it is simply to participate and to win and you think training that the 抑 て it was.

However, because the fact that it wins with new record is goal, being the conference close, you could not discontinue training.

Until the conference ends with, from calling, we want withstanding!

So, while praying, while and others obtaining pain densely, it continued training, but finally you stopped the life of your own jaw by your.

The jaw opens just a little only anymore.

Opening the mouth, as for there is no pain, to finger one responsibility.

Being painful, you do not open above that.

As for diagnosisgnathal arthropathy.

If it tries reviewing, when from about two years ago, you yawn, because the jaw may come off had becoming, you had been patient big yawn directly.

Long time strength training, becoming big stress in the jaw, being to be accumulated, it does.

And this time, the return battle eye.

In order to recover completely from the shock, it raised feeling, until now it trained high intensity it is not.

It is and it exceeds allowance load of the result and the jaw it seems that in the っ coming.

As for the gnathal arthropathy for the hood fighter, if you refer to the baseball, kind of those where the pitcher breaks down the elbow.

Speaking honestly, the finishing the fact that it makes cure almost is desperate circumstance to the conference July 4th.

Say, not to be story of the conference of ネイサンズ, the serious problem which relates to also future activity.

It is the fatal wound.

In order to cure, repose and long-term remedy are necessary.

When condition above this is advanced in stage ahead, also the kind of situation which relates to player life the head the ぎ り it increases.

If originally, it is the expectation which feeling has knocked down rather.

However, feeling is maintained still once strongly.

Is compared to the shock which if the mother the dying/fleeing く is done, the extent which does not become problem small thing to put out, before dying, because you look at the fighting illness of the mother whose several days is splendid this is.

It meaning that the mother has supported, it does.

In other words, still, being to be the feeling which would like to participate in the ネイサンズ conference it does.

Like this if it becomes, now as for value of victory of the conference, all victories to six winning successively as for becoming something which together, does not serve it is secure. (Already by this predicament, those which are not visible until now have been visible)

Perhaps, when it does, therefore predicament perhaps very we would like to participate.
(Depending upon the how to think the professional, as a professional perhaps, lowest selection but)

Winning, you obtain self-confidence and true honor,

And,

Being to like to become pride of the mother, it does.

For that, while being in Japan, it is necessary to take as much as possible necessary measures vis-a-vis the gnathal arthropathy.

Temporarily, Monday has coming from Tottori to the teacher of カイロプラクティクス which has been relied on in evening of the hospital and that day, to Wednesday makes remedy has become.

Being lowest, being to like to keep having to the place where you can open the jaw which you do not open it does.

Because you open simply, with, with the tournament there is no meaning, it is necessary to try to be opened quickly.

Because it is troublesome breakdown,we want many items of information in any case, is.

More detailed one, being to be good with any small information in the gnathal arthropathy, please teach.
Because (it is participation prerequisite, without we ask to with repose)

It is short, when the person who is the experience which is cured at period is, it is grateful truly truly, is.

Doing the sufficient thing preparing for participation, even then when it is unreasonable, there is no manner.

Please lend power to me.
hookorcrook
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 12:52 am

i saw Wanda "The Black Widow" in a magazine playing pool in some charity tournament with...i wish i could remember thsi better but someone totally ridiculous like Jay Z or Nichole Ritchie. Nevermind this story sucks. I will try to remember but the juxtaposition was hilarious. dammit.
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 1:17 am

please, people! it's Sonya the Black Widow. and that is funny, Jay-Z is total b-list compared to her.
hookorcrook
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 1:23 am

right, sonya...sorry. here let me make it up to you:
http://www.showandtellmusic.com/2006/03/dwayne_smith.html
Posted: Jun 27, 2007 10:38 pm

Earlier this week, he said on his Web site that his "jaw has abandoned the frontline"[/b] during his training.
Posted: Jun 28, 2007 8:54 pm

Hot Dog Champ and Upstart Set for July Fourth Face-Off

Article Tools Sponsored By
By ANTHONY RAMIREZ
Published: June 28, 2007

In the world of competitive eating, heads " if not stomachs " were spinning yesterday. In a last-minute development, what observers were expecting to be the Bite of the Century seemed off, then on again.

The Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island on the Fourth of July is the biggest and most famous event on the eating circuit, a one-game World Series of ballyhoo and ingestion. And this year it seemed poised to be especially speedy and spicy.

All eyes again fell on the Babe Ruth of the sport, a potbellyless man from Japan named Takeru Kobayashi, champion for the last six years.

But there was speculation this time about a promising upstart, a college student from California named Joey Chestnut, who this month broke Mr. Kobayashi’s world record by six hot dogs, or 59 and a bite.

And then there was a twist.

A mysterious ailment, Mr. Kobayashi reported on his Web site this week, has narrowed his jaw so he can open it no wider than a fingertip, and even that with pain.

The Associated Press reported on Tuesday from Tokyo that “The champ may not be able to chomp.”

Surely this meant that the Mustard Yellow International Belt, the Stanley Cup of frankfurter-eating, was Mr. Chestnut’s for the taking; that the Fourth of July, without Mr. Kobayashi, was a mere victory lap?

Or maybe not.

Yesterday, Mr. Kobayashi, 29, made known his intention to board a flight to the United States today and compete for the seventh time, swallowing and chewing through almost clenched teeth.

Was the declaration (and the ailment) psychological warfare? Competitive-eating rope-a-dope? Warrior zen with mustard?

Mr. Chestnut, 23, was abashed.

In a telephone interview yesterday from San Jose, Calif., where he is a civil engineering undergraduate at San Jose State University, Mr. Chestnut, asked about Mr. Kobayashi, replied with a long sigh and several stammers.

“All my friends and family,” he said, “they’re all saying, ‘Don’t pay any attention to it.’ But it doesn’t make sense. Why would anybody say, ‘Oh I’m going to compete, but I’m hurt’?” Mr. Chestnut sighed again and thought out loud: “He’s never gone into it as an underdog.”

Mr. Kobayashi, he said, “could come to the Fourth of July with his jaws wired shut, and I’m sure he could still do all right; he’s that good of an eater.”

Other competitive eaters yesterday also wondered what was going on, but seemed to lean, if slightly, to the psychological warfare theory.

Arturo Rios Jr., 30, of Long Branch, N.J., who won yesterday’s qualifying round for the July Fourth contest, seemed to play down Mr. Kobayashi’s calamity, which some news reports described as “jaw arthritis.”

Mr. Rios, a truck driver for The Daily News, said after he won the regional competition, “He’ll show up.”

Mr. Rios ate 27 ½ hot dogs in 12 minutes, or one hot dog every 26 seconds.

He expressed admiration for both Mr. Kobayashi, who last year ate 53 ¾ hot dogs, or one every 13 or so seconds, and Mr. Chestnut, who ate 59 ½ hot dogs this month, or one every 12 or so seconds.

“They’re amazing eaters,” Mr. Rios said.

The two leading competitors seem to have little in common. At 6-foot-1 and 215 pounds, Mr. Chestnut is taller and heavier than Mr. Kobayashi, who is 5-foot-6 and last weighed in at 160 pounds.

But Mr. Chestnut said the two were actually quite similar.

Mr. Kobayashi is a champion, he said, “because he’s healthy and controls his calorie intake.”

Mr. Chestnut " whose weight has fallen to 215 pounds from 240 during his two years of competing in eating contests " controls his intake with minimum-calorie meal-replacement shakes when he is not competing. The shakes are as important psychologically as they are physically, he said.

“I tell myself that there’s nothing solid inside of me,” he said, “so I can put 14 pounds of food inside. It’s a mental thing, to be able to convince your body that it can do this.” He added, “My body says, ‘Hey, I’m hungry.’ There’s a reason to eat this much food.”

In his short career, Mr. Chestnut has won more than $112,000 in prize money eating a dizzying variety of food, including deep-fried asparagus, waffles, chicken wings and Krystal Burgers (similar to White Castle burgers). Only crab cakes have made him throw up, he said, even though he loves crab.

And his favorite food of all? His mother’s home cooking, especially the chicken parmigiana.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®