Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: May 14, 2007 9:50 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmm
Posted: May 15, 2007 2:00 am

Warning: never eat watermelon before or after drinking alcoholic beverages. Cataclysmic vomiting will ensue.
Posted: May 15, 2007 8:24 am

that's crazy talk
I don't think I've eaten watermelon without drinking a beer and having the watermelon spiked with vodka since I was 9
Posted: May 15, 2007 2:16 pm

The last time I spiked a watermelon, the party looked like Jonestown, the day after.
Posted: May 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Posted: May 15, 2007 4:16 pm

Watermelon, feta, and watercress make a wonderful summer salad. No dressing needed.

That is about the only way you can actually get me to eat watermelon. I don't really like it by itself, and I definatley don't like it with salt on it like my family likes. Yuck!
Posted: May 15, 2007 6:17 pm

Posted: May 15, 2007 7:43 pm

How do you do that watermelon/vodka thing? I want to try it this summer, but only on my own patio in case I harf.
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:20 pm

It's still about 2 months until watermelon season, unfortunately. After that, I'll be eating it with lime juice and hot sauce everyday until early October. Greatest fruit item on earth. It's almost more flavor than a man deserves.
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:24 pm

It's almost more flavor than a man deserves.

yeah!
Posted: May 15, 2007 10:47 pm

take the sweetest part of the watermelon and blend with ice and vodka.....bestest slushie you'll ever have.
Posted: May 15, 2007 11:27 pm

with lime juice and hot sauce

whoa! sounds interesting. i may have to try that.

golightly is right on the watermelon slushie! so good!
Posted: May 16, 2007 11:38 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

cut a hole in the watermelon
upend a bottle of vodka into it
put on a rotisserie and cook for 6-8 hours
Posted: May 17, 2007 2:34 am

Watermelon, red onion and romaine (or butter lettuce or spinach) make a wonderful summer salad. Balsamic Vinagrette (Paul Newman's or your own) compliments nicely.
Posted: May 17, 2007 4:00 am

Warning: never eat watermelon before or after drinking alcoholic beverages. Cataclysmic vomiting will ensue.

why, then are watermelon cocktails so popular in some places?
i've seen the watermelon margarita and the watermelon martini

just curious.
Posted: May 17, 2007 4:11 am

I meant like when you drink a lot of booze then eat watermelon on top of it or eat a lot of watermelon then drink behind it. Brings back terrible meories of the bicentennial picnic when I puked for an hour after consuming that combination.( You know it's bad when you can recall a pukefest over 20 years later) I didn't really think about mixed drinks with watermelon as an ingredient. Also ice cream and booze is a bad combo too.
Posted: May 17, 2007 4:20 am

you know the thing about melons and digestion, right?
what happened to you sounds about...well... right, or par for the course. sorry about that. must have been a terrible pukefest if its still in your memory! i have had similar experiences with GIN
Posted: May 17, 2007 10:37 am

I meant like when you drink a lot of booze then eat watermelon on top of it or eat a lot of watermelon then drink behind it. Brings back terrible meories of the bicentennial picnic when I puked for an hour after consuming that combination.( You know it's bad when you can recall a pukefest over 20 years later) I didn't really think about mixed drinks with watermelon as an ingredient. Also ice cream and booze is a bad combo too.

Not only is your math bad,,,
Posted: May 17, 2007 3:32 pm

How do you do that watermelon/vodka thing?

Put the watermelon in a bathtub or a giant cooler. Cut a 2" hole in the middle and stick the bottle in it upside down. Let it set for a couple of hours. You can make a couple of holes and move the bottle around to evenly distribute the booze. Once it's all drained into the melon, carve it up, but save the juices to drink!

I went to visit a friend about 20 years ago and brought a spiked watermelon to a party. The only person i knew there was the dude I was visiting, so I watched some total strangers eat a shitload of watermelon and then pass out on the ground. This one girl ate about half of it, she had watermelon all over her face and clothes. She ws the first to go down face first.
Posted: May 17, 2007 8:29 pm

Not only is your math bad,,,
Yeah, so it was over 30 years ago. Now instead of wasting time on this board ,Get a job ,you sorry hippie.
Posted: May 17, 2007 8:31 pm

excuse me, but he's a dungeon master!
Posted: May 17, 2007 8:46 pm

excuse me, but he's a dungeon master!

+35
Posted: May 17, 2007 9:09 pm

he's a dungeon master!
With extra emphasis on the "dung".
Posted: May 18, 2007 1:37 pm

Are your teeth real? I doubt it.

You know what I want, though? Yellow meat watermellon. Used to get them in Texas. Not so much here.
Posted: May 19, 2007 9:49 am

Watermelon Margaritas all the way.
Posted: May 21, 2007 1:24 pm

Seriously, if anybody in Memphis sees some yellow meat watermellon at the store, please holler.
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 6:54 pm

watermelon, ice, moonshine, sugar in a blender, preferably gasoline powered.... tastes best off the tailgate of a chunky square pickup truck parked along the fence at the dirt track.
Posted: Jun 7, 2007 7:14 pm

after jasons post a couple weeks ago, i mention petey greene every time watermelon is brought up.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®