Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Peanuts and Coke
Posted: May 7, 2007 9:59 pm

Are awesome together, it's been a while since I mixed these magical forces together, but today I had myself a treat
Posted: May 7, 2007 10:12 pm

Jujee Fruits + sprite. chomp on some Jujees first then take a big hit of ice cold sprite. resume chomping, you're sure to lose a filling or two.
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:25 pm

ya know I get that salty with sweet fizz thing... my fave combo, plain pepperidge farm goldfish and coke.. something about that first mouthful is always just pure pleasure...
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:32 pm

i love peanuts & coke!

when i was a kid, i used to use twizzlers as straws - bite off each end.... i liked red twizzlers w/ 7UP and black ones w/ coke

i also like to mix peanut M&M's with popcorn at the movies. and my theatre of choice has chocolate covered gummy bears
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:43 pm

when i was a kid, i used to use twizzlers as straws - bite off each end.... i liked red twizzlers w/ 7UP and black ones w/ coke

how about slurping coke through cherry twizzlers for a cherry coke!
Posted: May 8, 2007 10:27 pm

They actually make cherry cola twizzlers
Posted: May 10, 2007 5:39 am

I remember someone telling me that folks in the south like to put boiled peanuts in their Dr Pepper.
Posted: May 10, 2007 5:48 am

i thought the peanuts in pop was a southern thing anyway
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:17 am

thought the peanuts in pop was a southern thing anyway

What the hell is pop?
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:29 am

What the hell is pop?

midwestern word for "soda" as in "soda pop" or as they say in the south "coke"
Posted: May 10, 2007 7:56 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Pop

I'm down with barley pop.
Posted: May 10, 2007 3:36 pm

as they say in the south "coke"

that's so fucking embarrasing and stupid i'm gonna start using it and get pissed when my coke comes and i really wanted a grape soda.
Posted: May 10, 2007 3:41 pm

heuh we jus be callin it a col' drink, boss.
Posted: May 10, 2007 4:06 pm

Pop

I'd forgotten about The Pop Shoppe. They used to be in converted gas stations around here. Their pop was like kiddie crack too. Every kid wanted it, thanks to the endless advertising by the local cartoon host, but only the rich kids seemed to have it.
Posted: May 10, 2007 9:05 pm

[i]heuh we jus be callin it a col' drink, boss.[/i

yeah,fuck you yankee!
Posted: May 10, 2007 9:25 pm

midwestern word for "soda" as in "soda pop" or as they say in the south "coke"

Yeah I know I just thought it was funny to use the word pop when talking about a southern custom.
Posted: May 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Yeah I know I just thought it was funny to use the word pop when talking about a southern custom.

i'm from the wild west.
Posted: May 11, 2007 6:12 am

When I first arrived in Texas, I was told about the peanuts and coke phenomenon and thought, "these people are out of their fucking minds", but eventually I tried it, and it was really good.

Skittles and beer is another tasty/unlikely beverage/food combo.
Posted: May 11, 2007 7:27 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

I can remember when I first moved from the north to the southwest and was asked if I wanted a coke. I said "Sure" and was handed an Orange Crush. I probably had a very strange look on my face.

But that wasn't nearly as weird as the time I went to my dad's work party across the line, where they had Coca Cola and 7up to drink. When the Coke started running out they mixed the remainder with all of the 7up so it would all look like Coke

awful awful crap
Posted: May 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Yeah peanuts are a good snack and coke is a good drink and they are fine together. But I dont get why this is at all noteworthy. Salty snakes taste good with sodas. So what?
Posted: May 11, 2007 6:05 pm

what soda goes best with semen?
Posted: May 11, 2007 6:10 pm

Faygo.

I ass-ume.
Posted: May 11, 2007 7:02 pm

SQUIRT!
Posted: May 11, 2007 9:13 pm

Yeah peanuts are a good snack and coke is a good drink and they are fine together. But I dont get why this is at all noteworthy. Salty snakes taste good with sodas. So what?

Well this is a Food & Drink forum, and peanuts and coke is a good simple recipe.
Posted: May 11, 2007 9:18 pm

I'm all about salted in the shell peanuts with CHOCOLATE MILK!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®