Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / worst thing you ever tasted..?
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 8:00 am

1. Apple sauce
2. Lima beans
3. canned carrots.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 2:09 pm | Edited by: Rumpleforeskin

When I worked at an Army surplus store. A canned choclate fudge brownie that came out of a box of Vietnam war era C-rations (about 10 or 15 years old).
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 7:46 pm

Uni
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 10:22 pm

pig ears. My mom loves those and I tried it once both with and without hot sauce and it was the most disguting thing I ever ate
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 11:13 pm

1. Apple sauce
2. Lima beans
3. canned carrots.

You don't get out much, do you?
Go to any asian grocery and randomly grab five things. 4out of 5 will be much worse than what you listed.

Uni, durian, sesos, and this weird anchovy and walnut soup my friend's family loves.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 11:19 pm

The only thing close to gross on the first post is canned carrots. And with proper administration of brown sugar and molasses even those are pretty damn good.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 12:33 am

I'm in total agreement with the lima beans.

Add:
boxed mashed potatos
black eyed peas
frog legs
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

I'm in total agreement with the lima beans.

Add:
boxed mashed potatos
black eyed peas
frog legs

I thought you were a southerner!
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 2:22 am

poi
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:07 am

frog legs rule
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:22 am

I ate some frog legs at goat days once and they were like reptilian honey.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:08 pm

frogs legs are good! havent had em since i was like 12 though.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:26 pm

bathroom cleaner spray with bleach. i didn't mean for it to land on my tongue. not only did it taste bad but it hurt.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 3:32 pm

A canned coke I thought was mine, but was really my brother's dip-spit can.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:54 pm

I don't know what it is about the frog legs. The butcher gave them to me for free so I could try them. Told me to cook them "just like chicken." They weren't good.
I was scared of frogs forever...my brothers used to torture me with them (see, I am a southerner). Maybe they were awful because they were frogs.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:33 pm

I ate fried frog legs at Goat Days once, they tasted more like fish than chicken to me. Pretty good, I thought, but what isn't when you deep fry it?
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:36 pm

Turpentine which gave me a chemical pneumonia.

Vegemite.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:42 pm

I really like frog legs. It is truly gross to watch them being skinned though, with that weird treacherous clamp thing.

Black eyed peas are killer!!!!

I hate sauerkraut.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 5:46 pm

Black eyed peas are killer!!!!

I hate sauerkraut.

A voice of reason.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 1:11 am

Dot 3 Brake fluid.

I was bleeding the brakes on my motorcycle into a Budweiser bottle, and drinking Budweiser. After I was done, and had put everything away, I took a big swig out of the wrong bottle. I didn't swallow much, but it took a couple of days to get the taste out of my mouth.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:01 am

someone pissed in my mountain dew once and i drank it
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:28 am

durian

Stanky!

The most disgusting thing I ever tasted was calamine lotion. I had poison ivy and had it on my nightstand next to my water bottle and took a giant swig in the middle of the night.

So judging from my post and JK's, there is a moral to the story.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:45 am

PBR thats been warmed by hte sun for over 2o minutes.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 3:10 pm

pizza hut hot wings.

even bad cold the next day.

that's bad.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 12:42 am

I ate some tripe at the local hot pot/self-grill Taiwanese joint. I figured it would be good if I made it nice and crispy like in a tripas taco. I took one bite and I sprang from my seat doing the Disgusto Dance. I'll be jiggered if there wasn't some poop left in that thing! I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth for hours.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:44 pm

vegetables
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 3:22 pm

turpentine was almost the worst thing I ever tasted. Mistaken for a glass of water.

Second only to head cheese. Head cheese that was "cured in a pig's stomach" mind you.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 6:18 pm

once we went camping and the gas can leaked near the grocery bags of chips and snacks. I remember eating damp ritz crackers that tasted like gasoline. that was pretty disgusting.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:47 pm

One time I was at a friend's cabin in the early spring so the water was turned off, so we boiled some spaghetti in some Miller Lite. I took one bite and spit it out...
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 11:16 pm

Pizza
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 1:19 am

boxed mashed potatos
pizza hut hot wings.
Lima beans
Uni

must say i have to agree with all this crap. ugh.

i would like to add cottage cheese and natto and head cheese. sick!
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 9:08 am

yep Uni is bad
I think the worst thing I ever tasted though was some rancid pinon nuts. Some friends of my parents brought em over and I tried em and immediately spit em out all over the table. My mom was shocked and started apologizing to her friends but I was like "Hold Up. You try these, people. Everyone at the table tried some and a vomitfest did begin.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®