Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 12:25 am

since I hate beer, I had to find an alternative. I like these the best. blueberry...mmmmmm
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 12:26 am

Mike's Hard Lemonade.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 12:31 am

Mike's Hard Lemonade.

I like that one too. We have some of that in the fridge now. I also like smirnoff ice. (I went to their website and read it as Smirn Office)

the Jack Daniels ones are ok, but not my fave
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 1:55 am

Do you like Sparks?
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 2:13 am

grode!!!

you should try absolut pear. at my bar, they make some drink with absolute pear, orange juice, cranberry juice, pineapple juice, soda water, and a splash of grand marnier. it's girly but one of the best newfangled drinks i've tried in a long time.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 2:14 am

Or blueberry stoli. That shits purty good.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 2:40 am

Womb raider and bowie - those sound good. We have some harder stuff here too, but sometimes i don't want liquor.

haven't tried sparks, but i have smelled it, which makes me think i wouldn't like it.

any other pussyfied drinks out there i should try?
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 2:59 am

wine?
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 3:01 am

Sparks is an acquired taste, I believe. I love it, though. Can't get enough. What about pear or apple cider?
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 5:16 am

I don't drink anymore (that is a good thing, believe me!), but my favorite I-should-have-gone-home-five-hours-ago drink(s) was Captain Morgans with sprite and a lime. It tastes like cream soda.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 10:18 pm

i love blueberry stoli in lemon drops. good stuff.

i love sparks! mmmm. pear cider is good too. i'm not as big of a fan of the apple stuff unless it's floatin' with some guinness.

i'm a fan of this drink michelle at the bucc makes for me. it's strawberry vodka, soda, orange and cranberry juices. it looks delightfully pink and tastes like what a strawberry shortcake doll smells like. :) pretty good.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 10:19 pm

Stoli Cranberry...
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 2:50 pm

Posted: Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm

grand marnier

more fun if you call it "grandma shay." cinemax bar understands.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Stoli, lemonade, soda and cran.

The MOP
(Mother of Pearl)

grand marnier is nasty.
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 10:47 pm

Stoli, lemonade, soda and cran.

that sounds good to me! Millionaire?
Posted: Apr 23, 2007 11:29 pm

last year, my summertime cocktail was limeade, gin and a lil soda. always good for making me spill and fall over quickly.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 6:27 pm

Stephanie at the Buccaneer Lounge made a drink called a "wedding cake", I asked her to double up on the vodka and it still tasted too sweet. I split it with nikki cause I just cant bring myself to drink a whole one. WAYYYYY to girly for miss linda (I needs my bourbon)!

If you like girlie drinks, a"wedding cake" is for you windy!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:02 pm | Edited by: Windy

"wedding cake",

vodka - great start

what else is in there besides vodka? Tell Stephanie I miss her and I need to know!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:31 pm

I think it's got Grand Mariner, Ammaretto, and other stuff.
It actually tastes like a real wedding cake.

This would be an exelent drink for Michael Jackson to hand out to little boys at his next Halloween party.

I bet one of us can find the recipe on line cause I won't see Stephanie for a week.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:31 pm

recipe on line

bray?
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:39 pm

Sparks is an acquired taste,

tastes like smarties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

any other pussyfied drinks out there i should try?

come to utah, EVERY drink is pussyfied..
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 7:44 pm

recipe on line

bray?

thanks millionaire
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 11:14 pm

It tastes like cream soda.

Vanilla Vodka + Verner's will also the trick.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 11:20 pm

Pimm's cup!
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 11:55 pm

windy - i have a southern lady pal who likes the creamsicle - its got cream, vodka, orange juice and maybe amaretto or something else sweet .... it does taste just like a creamsicle ice cream pop and is very pretty.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 2:24 am

is very pretty.

that's the most important thing!
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 7:36 am

Vanilla Vodka + Verner's will also the trick
Oh man...that took me back....Vernors....I grew up in Michigan and haven't seen that shit since.....great for the upset stomach.......
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:39 pm

jeff brown gave me one a drink that i believe was basically a colorado bulldog with blueberry stoli. could never drink more than one or two, but i gotta admit it was pretty tasty.
Posted: Apr 25, 2007 10:52 pm

recipe on line

bray?
thanks millionaire

I'm pretty shure that's NOT what I had.
It was pink, and transparent.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 9:24 pm | Edited by: Windy

just found while unwrapping china/crystal
from the June 19, 2002 commercial appeal in the food section. apparently the theme was watermelon as all the recipes call for watermelon:

Watermelon Joe Joe Poon Drink

2 shots watermelon juice
1 shot vodka
2 shots lemon-lime soda
1 tsp powdered sugar
crushed ice

combine watermelon juice, vodka soda and powdered sugar. Strain into glass filled with crushed ice. serves 1.
Posted: Apr 26, 2007 9:26 pm

I am not a joe joe poon
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 8:05 pm

NOW YOU ARE
joe joe poon,joe joe poon
windy is a joe joe poon.
Posted: May 3, 2007 6:26 pm

absolut pear, apple juice, splash of pineapple juice.
Posted: May 4, 2007 9:14 pm

hanger one vodka martini straight up, dirty, and with lots of olives
Posted: May 7, 2007 7:24 pm

I had a drink this weekend that was fresh pineapple juice with some rum in it. Delicious! Girly!
Posted: May 7, 2007 7:29 pm

Ketel One, limes, pestle, cocktail shaker, ice, strainer+glass...Vodka Gimlet--sweet and will get you shit-faced and fast.
Posted: May 7, 2007 11:38 pm

What about pear or apple cider?

good stuff! I like that I'm finding more bars with pear cider on tap! hard apple ciders are best when they are tart and dry, but that pear brew is mighty smooth!

a super girlie cocktail I discovered last week that also goes down sweet and fast... Malibu papya and ginger ale... but to get a buzz, I had to switch to Myers and ginger...
Posted: May 8, 2007 2:04 am

Campari and soda is kind of yummy and not really sweet at all.

This looks yummy
Posted: May 8, 2007 4:56 am

what is campari? is there like a good kind and a crummy kind? same for vermouth. i would like to make a negroni, but im worried about using sub-par campari & vermouth. does it matter?
Posted: May 8, 2007 6:12 pm

Campari and soda is one of my all time favorite cocktails, but it is in NO WAY a girly drink. just 'cause something's pink don't mean it's for cheeleaders!! Campari is an "amari" or bitter from Italy, and is traditionally sipped by old ass dudes in piazzas. Very bitter and weird and herby and sorta medicinal tasting. Real good... I think we talked about this last year in the "summer drinks" thread.

Also good: Cynar, an artichoke liquer similar to Campari. Oh, and there's no sub-par Campari. "Campari" is a brand name and there's nothing else like it. Negronis are the shit and get pretty wasted pretty quick. I like to tweak the trad negroni by adding splashes of grapefruit juice and soda. Mmmmm.
Posted: May 9, 2007 2:56 am

Those pink cans of Sofia blanc de blanc with the pink straw? Uber girly and surprisingly fantastic1
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:43 am

I think we talked about this last year in the "summer drinks" thread.

Indeed. I've still got half a bottle of Campari and a bottle of flat club soda in my fridge. I liked it, but somehow got away from it.

Maybe it's time to pick up a fresh bottle of soda and try it again.
Posted: May 9, 2007 5:49 am

Campari and soda is one of my all time favorite cocktails, but it is in NO WAY a girly drink.

EXACTLY. it is my preferred cocktail in hot weather because it is so dry and its bitter edge makes me forget the effects of humidity. its the BEST!

i like it with soda and a splash of stoli oranj or grey goose orange

Those pink cans of Sofia blanc de blanc with the pink straw? Uber girly and surprisingly fantastic1

I'm with you there! NOTHING like sipping bubbling vino made methode champagnois with a STRAW. fabulous
Posted: May 9, 2007 6:25 am

and... completely girlocious.

i know the coppolas have other drinks... they need to make a burly man's drink to counter this nefarious girly sipper!
Posted: May 9, 2007 1:41 pm

girly drinks...
Posted: May 9, 2007 1:41 pm

girly drinks...

REPLY 16,000!!!!!!!
Posted: May 9, 2007 3:11 pm

they need to make a burly man's drink to counter this nefarious girly sipper!

like a miller 2x4 in a brown paper sack?
Posted: May 10, 2007 12:23 am

i like it with soda and a splash of stoli oranj
OMG, TK! I am on my second now. So fucking good. The orange really takes the edge off the camapri. I love it! Thanks
Posted: May 10, 2007 5:03 am

hey saint sarah.... HI. i'm so GLAD you like the drink.
are you taking pictures yet lady????
Posted: May 10, 2007 5:08 am

i know the coppolas have other drinks... they need to make a burly man's drink to counter this nefarious girly sipper!

alas, their edizione pennino zinfandel is as burly as they get.
but i am so gay for california wine that i am a member of the coppola (now called rubicon estate) wine club.

gay GAY i tell you
Posted: May 10, 2007 5:30 am

Anyone here tried "Spykes"?
The local Fox News told me they get kids to drink and become raving loonitiks. So I must try them. However, I can't find them anywhere here in PDX. Maybe I can get Dave at the Tonic to add this to my request list? Right behind Zima.

For those of you who like Sparks, you should try Tilt. It's a lot smoother and I think it has 0.5% more alcohol.

For those who like the mixers, I suggest a "Green Spritz"
1 part Midori
1 part Vodka (you can double to 2 parts if you use good stuff)
1 part 7up
dash of rose's lime
It looks like anti-freeze, and tastes like kool-aid.
Posted: May 15, 2007 11:32 pm

i made some really tasty sangria last night.

jug of paisano wine
some grenadine
some lime juice
some lemon juice
some orange juice
one can concentrated orange/pineapple/apple juice
some slices of lemons, oranges, and limes.

speaking of sparks, it's about time to make sparksicles. just combine some sparks and some raspberry vodka or strawberry vodka and freeze in some popsicle molds. fun. :)
Posted: May 17, 2007 8:10 am

speaking of sparks, it's about time to make sparksicles. just combine some sparks and some raspberry vodka or strawberry vodka and freeze in some popsicle molds. fun. :)

I have to try and make those.
Is it equal parts Sparks to Vodka?
Posted: May 18, 2007 12:27 am

yeah, pretty much. you gotta just make sure the vodka isn't overpowering it and they have to be able to be frozen too, so don't overload on the vodka. i'm not sure if it would freeze up properly if you put too much in. i was drunk when i made them last year and i just dumped vodka in, not really paying too much attention to anything but the taste.
Posted: Feb 12, 2008 11:46 pm

Campari is damn weird tasting. Mixing it with orange juice or lemonade is okay but soda? Ugh. It's just too tough of tasting stuff for that.
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 5:29 pm

I have a new found love of rum- spiced or regular is fine by me- but how else can you drink it other than with coke and lime? I need some mixer suggestions.
Posted: Feb 14, 2008 5:37 pm

You can mix rum with just about everything! OJ, cranberry, coconut milk, hot cider, etc.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 12:14 pm

Any particular drink concoctions you like?
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:10 pm

The bramble! Best drink ever!!

2 shots gin, bout a half shot of blackberry liquer, and a little more than half a shot of lemon juice, and some simple syrup...no too much. served over ice, garnish with blackberry or lemon slice.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 3:34 pm

I had something called a cream soda, but it was made with some kind of alcohol. Who knows what was in there but it tasted like an A&W cream soda. yummmmmmmmmmmm.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 4:51 pm

Pina Coladas, making love at midnight, that whole bit.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 5:07 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Try a little something I like to call, "The Suggestable Teen"

1 part Zima
1 part Mike's Hard Lemonade
1 part Bacardi Breezer
1 part Bartle's and Jayme's Wine Cooler
1 part Sun Country Wine Cooler
1 part Green Apple Schnapps
3 parts Sunny Delight
GHB (optional)

Serve over crushed ice in a plastic cup with a crazy straw.
Posted: Feb 15, 2008 5:17 pm

Mojitos give me wood too.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 4:54 pm

Try a little something I like to call, "The Suggestable Teen"

1 part Zima
1 part Mike's Hard Lemonade
1 part Bacardi Breezer
1 part Bartle's and Jayme's Wine Cooler
1 part Sun Country Wine Cooler
1 part Green Apple Schnapps
3 parts Sunny Delight
GHB (optional)

Serve over crushed ice in a plastic cup with a crazy straw.

The only thing that recipe is missing is Boone's Farm- Strawberry Hill. I grew up on that sweet nectar.

More specifically I was wondering if anyone has any rum cocktail concoctions that they particularly enjoy, other than your typical mojito/rum n' coke/Pina barfalada cocktails.
Posted: Feb 19, 2008 6:01 pm

Boone's Farm- Strawberry Hill.
That shit has stained more than its fair share of shoelaces..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®