Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / New Orleans Food Recommendations
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 2:15 am

In New Orleans for a couple of days for the Ponderosa Stomp. Please make Goner'ed suggestions. Looking for something swampy. And meaty.
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 3:44 pm

near house of blues you can't go wrong with Coop's. The rabbit & sausage jambalaya is pretty swampy and great, everything they serve is great. If you're up for a drive, Crabby Jack's is fuckin awesome & not too far away. They's only open for lunch. If you want to take a streetcar ride, go Mandina's, Liuzza's, or Parkway Tavern (for po-boys).
Posted: Apr 18, 2007 5:56 pm

rabbit and sausage jambalaya!
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 3:11 pm

Dom Elise's for PoBoys.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 8:38 pm

Krystal's on Bourbon st.
Posted: Apr 19, 2007 11:49 pm

Dom Elise's for PoBoys.

booooooo!!!!!
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 2:27 am

You should eat a snowball*.

*Not a snowball as people from the north know them. Rather shaved ice sweeted with syrup**.

** The first time I went to a snowball stand there was a long line. My pathetic myopic eyes were scanning the list of flavors when I saw something amazing. "Cream of Hector" Turns out it was cream of Nectar, which is a flavor here. I could not tell you what that flavor is, as I have not tried it.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 3:02 am

"Cream of Hector" Turns out it was cream of Nectar, which is a flavor here. I could not tell you what that flavor is, as I have not tried it.

it's flavor is delicious
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 1:44 pm

Dom Elise's for PoBoys.

booooooo!!!!!

You're a boooooo!!!
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 3:20 pm

and you're a guy that likes mediocre $12 sandwiches!
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 4:41 pm

I'd trade Bruce's left arm for some crawfish right now. Frankie and Johnny's was pretty damn good.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 4:45 pm

last time we went it was way too expensive and rather blah, i guess that was during mardi gras.

did you get my phone message last night?
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 6:50 pm

Sorry, Bruce...I'm swamped this week. Sunday is fine.
I was going to call you after school.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 9:19 pm

i like the debris at mother's. is that place still there? i'm dying to go back to casamento's and try and break my personal oyster record. maybe i can puke them back up on stage after.
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 10:15 pm

popeye's. the one on marengo & magazine is giving away the cajun sparkle like it's going out of style.

don't go to domelise's. fuck the domelises.

PARKWAY!
Posted: Apr 20, 2007 11:31 pm

and for brunch...Surrey's is always a good place to go.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 1:00 am

popeye's.
I was gonna say that, but then I felt like I would be jumping on miss linda's chain gang, and that felt wrong.
Posted: Apr 21, 2007 5:27 pm

camellia grill just re-opened too, I don't know if it will be possible to go there for months without standing in long lines though.
Posted: Apr 22, 2007 12:41 am

must. have. frenchuletta.
Posted: Apr 24, 2007 5:23 am

yeah. you have to get a frenchuletta. if you want to shatter yourself get the fried pickle appetizer also.

jacque-imo's is good and pretty swampy. same owner as crabby jacks. will be crowdy during jazzfest, though.

cochon is real good. a little $$, annoying in some aspects but the food is ace.
the menu will make you drool: get the hogshead cheese

some of the best food to be had around here lately is any of the taqueria roach-coaches parked in lowes and home depot parking lots.

if you want total swamp then just go across the river to a boiled seafood joint and get a buncha crabs and 15 lbs. of crawfish. start with a dozen raw oysters. we go to perino's a lot. sal's is good, etc. there's a lot of 'em. You could always go to Char's Da Bar and hang with Duke (father of Shaggy). he is always boiling craw.

went to a lame festival in lockport yesterday but we did have an awesome grillade po-boy. don't know where to get one in town, though.
Posted: Apr 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Pascal Manale's? on Napolean
BBQ-SHRIMP AND SAUTEED SPIN AND DIXIE!!!
betta then Manna
Posted: Apr 28, 2007 8:00 pm

Burger King!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®