Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / turkey sandwich ham sandwich
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 12:15 am

turkey sandwich ham sandwich turkey sandwich ham sandwich

I love 'em. Does anybody bother making an actual dish out of their leftovers? My ex-mother in law once made turkey curry, and it was awful.

turkey sandwich ham sandwich turkey sandwich ham sandwich and today I slipped a cheeky pastrami, cheese & dijon mustard into the mix too.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 1:15 am

mom makes ham into pea soup! i hate that shit, i would rather eat leftover ham sams everyday
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 1:18 am

I freeze the hambone for red beans and rice or stew.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 1:32 am

My brother's a chef, he took the bone out of the ham with a fancy knife and took it home with him. Didn't take the turkey carcase, though.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:09 am

make a sandwich with turkey AND ham
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:14 am

Yeah, Theresa has the right idea! if they they can make turducken, can't you put together some kinda hamkey?
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:17 am

make a sandwich with turkey AND ham
That's what I was thinking! Even Subway thought to do that. It's not exactly "fusion cuisine" to combine 2 meats on the same sandwich. Put some bacon on that thing and then you've really got something!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 2:30 am

Huh. Waaaay ahead of you.
On Boxing day I made a sandwich with- turkey, ham, roast pork, stuffing, sliced roast potatoes, grated tasty cheese, lettuce, sliced tomato and apple sauce. And ground black pepper.
God damn it was good.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 3:48 am

stoner sandwich!
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 4:06 am

There was no gravy left, or else I would stuck with just meat & potatoes, not all that salady stuff.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:27 am

dip the bread like making french toast, pile the turkey and ham on with swiss cheese, fry it up, MONTE CARLO!!!, nothing but delicious
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:28 am

actually, that's monte CRISTO
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:41 am

Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:42 am | Edited by: bruce

actually, that's monte CRISTO
sorry,drinking, thinking about a sweet car
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 5:47 am | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

how about a floater?
Mmm, a pea & ham soup floater with sauce.
I tell you, grrtch, after a night out in Adelaide drinking Cooper's, stopping at a pie cart is a must. Can't get 'em here in Melbourne.
Posted: Dec 28, 2006 8:59 am

Mmm, a pea & ham soup floater with sauce.

sounds to me like someone had indigestion... ;)
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:10 am

So, last night I ate a whole mango & half a pineapple, that didn't make it into the Christmas Day fruit salad.
Then this morning I fried the last of the ham- about 500 grams- on the bbq hot plate, with some eggs, and ate it with HP Sauce, toast & coffee. Damn it was good.
Fed the last handful of turkey to the dog.
Christmas is OVER.
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:21 am

what does HP in HP sauce stand for? is it hot pepper? or something completely different?
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:27 am

Houses of Parliament- it's an English thing, there was a big fuss earlier this year when a Dutch company (Unilever?) bought it out.
Strange spicy/vinegary thing, a bit like your A1 Steak Sauce. It's a hangover from those old English spicy gentleman's relishes like Patum Peperium or Worcestershire Sauce
Label says- malt vinegar, sugar, dates, apple, tomato paste, salt, corn starch, molasses, spices, caramel, colour, natural flavourings. Hmm, I seem to remember it had tamarind in it too.
In England they have bastardised it into a generic thing called "brown sauce".
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:30 am

ah.... i always thought it tasted like A1 sauce and i guess it IS A1. haha.

unilever is going to own everything soon. there was a big stink when they bought ben & jerry's in 1999/2000. you couldn't find two more polar opposite companies than ben & jerry and unilever.
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:36 am | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

Have you ever tried it? Sure you can get it in the US.
I think it has a Wikipedia page. I KNOW it has a fan club.
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:40 am

i lived in england for 10 years. had it plenty. just never wanted to ask any english people what "HP" stood for - i got enough grief for wanting ICE in my cocktails
Posted: Dec 30, 2006 11:45 am

It used to have a picture of the Houses of Parliament right there on the label.
I did 10 years 10 months over there myself.
Ice in cocktails was no problem for me- I got used (very used) to lovely warm flat beer.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®