Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / delicious lunch
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:55 pm

warm beets and goat cheese on greens with balsamic vinegarette, so California, so delicious
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:56 pm

Fuck you nasty, I'm havin' a half roast duck on Friday and the grease is gonna drip to my elbows!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:56 pm

I had a pear and maytag cheese sandwich on toast, with a bowl of homemade cream of broccoli soup on the side.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 9:58 pm

do you have a recipe for homemade cream of broccoli soup?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:00 pm

maytag

you ate a washing machine?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:46 pm

crockpot jambalaya (don't wanna hear it)
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 11:30 pm

maytag

you ate a washing machine?

Same family, in Iowa. Probably the best cheese made in america. They have a cheddar, but the best is the BLUE.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 3:20 am

homemade cream of broccoli soup: simmer four cups of chicken broth in a big pot (or, homemade turkey broth, which i made from the cozy corner chicken). add four bunches of broccoli, washed and trimmed (I put the stalks in too, after trimming off the rough outer layer of skin) and a potato, cubed, and a couple of carrots that have been peeled & chopped. add a whole bunch of peppercorns, maybe a little salt (usually the broth is salty enough). bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer for 15 or so minutes, until everything is tender. then carefully ladle it out a cup at a time into the blender, to puree until smooth (be careful here -- hot soup tends to expand in the blender, so just do a bit at a time -- like 1/3 blender full. I am trying to justify the purchase of an immersion blender, just for this purpose, but haven't taken the plunge yet.) anyways, once it's all been pureed, return to a simmer. whisk in a cup of heavy cream, or, in my case, half-and-half. enjoy!

if you're not gonna serve it all at once, it's generally better not to add the milk product until it's needed...

and hardy har har on the washing machine joke. nope, it was maytag blue cheese, and it was delish!
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 3:44 am

Ugh. I hate beets. They taste like dirt.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 3:52 am

They taste like dirt

only if you don't wash them
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 5:29 pm

ummm, fish taco made with some of the red fish i caught over the holiday(we ended up with 9 approx 30lbs each caught between the 7 of us, even gave one away to a couple that had no luck) fried this batch up and still got about 5 lbs of fillets left for the grill
Posted: Jan 4, 2007 5:30 pm

holy crap you're the luckiest dude in the whole world.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®