Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / frozen pizza season is here
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:38 pm

cold wind is blowing right through my goddamned house, time to crank up the oven!!

the supermarket had a sale, 3 freschetta pizzas for the price of one. not half bad. I still prefer the super cheap ones though.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:39 pm

I still prefer the super cheap ones though.

Jeno's rules my freezer.
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:44 pm

Jeno's rules my freezer.
jeno's is for the pizza rolls, totino's for pizza
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 5:45 pm

totino's for pizza

For real. It says "Party" right on the box. I mean, how are you really going to dispute that?
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 6:10 pm

Lately I've been enjoying some tomato/basil frozen pizzas from Costco. YUM!!

In college, I used to eat the no-name brand small frozen pizzas for lunch almost every day, good shit...
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 6:59 pm

wait - you tellin' me there's gotta be a SEASON to enjoy a good frozen pizza?? Every day of the year!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 7:10 pm

I don't like using the oven when it's hot out
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:38 pm

TOTINOS!!
Posted: Dec 4, 2006 10:42 pm

i had two last night, both freschetta..one was a thin crust, didn't do the job, but the rising crust one did. i love frozen pizza.
digiorno's used to have a deep dish that was pretty tasty, but i can't find one around here anymore
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 3:33 am

I just ate an Amy's Organic tomato & pesto pizza. It had brocolli on it and was pretty bland, but it was only $4.50 so I guess I can't really complain.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 3:47 am

i eat frozen pizza year round. got a little pizza oven that i use. pretty nifty.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 4:39 am

Anything with the rising crust is ok by me, especially if it's Freschetta or DiGiorno.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 5:57 am

any pizza that tears the roof of your mouth up..is good...OR when your really drunk and you cant wait to eat it..and ya burn the fuckl out yo mouph.
Posted: Dec 5, 2006 6:57 pm

California Pizza Kitchen Pizzas are badass.

Get the Sicilian or The Garlic Chicken.
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 6:09 pm

I need to get myself a pizza oven. Those things are so awesome, and they even make re-heated frozen pizza taste great.
For me it's either the dirt cheap frozen pizza's or motherfucking Home Run Inn. I just got introduced to those and I seriously think they're the best frozen pizza ever!!!
Posted: Dec 6, 2006 6:31 pm

Mmmmm....Tombstone...Pepperoni....Mmmmmm....
Posted: Dec 19, 2006 6:24 pm

man, i had a red baron rising crust last night, had to stick it back in for about 5 minutes longer then it said on the box, but that was a damn good pizza, even with the leftovers for lunch today it's good
Posted: Dec 20, 2006 3:15 am

Freschettas has that thin crust one that we typically like...we got a Papa Murphys the other night and that lil nasty thing tasted damn good.
Posted: Dec 21, 2006 1:19 am

I recently got really drunk with a friend of mine who had a "Pizazz" pizza cooker and I must say that it worked divinely. The crust was criss-peeee! I don't think I have room for one of those things, but I want one!
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 4:08 am

I need to get myself a pizza oven

Just get a pizza stone! Its basically just a slab of slate that you put in your oven, but it distributes the heat evenly so everything you cook from now on will be cooked perfectly, and if you make a homemade pizza, it will make it all bubbly and DELICIOUS. Trust me, this thing has made my life so wonderful.
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 5:57 pm

How much are they typically? We made homemade pizzas on some disposable type thing and they were OK. My thing is I have to perfect making the dough into an even crust. Any tips on this???
Posted: Dec 23, 2006 11:29 pm

Pizza stones are only like 15 bucks @ Fred Meyer, and the last one I had lasted for, like, 5 years. They totally rule. I'm tellin ya, this thing made EVERYTHING cook right.
Posted: Dec 24, 2006 1:03 am

making the dough into an even crust. Any tips on this???

No. My crust is always all lopsided. But then I feel like I have an authentic NY pizza, cause its all thin, and brown, and lopsided. Makes me happy.
Posted: Dec 24, 2006 1:27 am

Lopsided is fine. I did pretty good making the dough even when I got stoned once. There is a technique. I just don't think I could do it straight!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®