Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Deep fried green beans
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 5:08 pm

Don't let TGIFriday's fool you, the "crispy" green beans are gross and not crispy at ALL...and the wasabi ranch dipping sauce is terrible too.
I didn't think it was possible to make ranch taste worse, but they managed to do it.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 5:14 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

I have an appreciation for all things fried, but I haven't heard of this. Makes as much sense as deep-frying a carrot.
Now, deep-frying those sliced carrots that come in the jalapeno jars, that would be interesting.
Best way to dress Green beans is to wrap 3 or 4 of them in bacon and coat with a little vinegar or dressing.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:11 pm

green beans fucking suck
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:16 pm

Are these green beans battered and deep fried? If so, I don't see how they could not be delicious. As I've stated before, you could batter and deep fry a sock and it would taste great.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:34 pm

yes, they are battered and deep fried, kinda taste like a limp unflavorful onion ring
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:37 pm

THESE CAN BE DELICIOUS!!!! This good restaurant here, Park Kitchen, batters them tempura-like, deep fries and serves em in a milkshake glass with a papercone to catch all the grease. Then I think you get an aioli dipping sauce...yum!!!!
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 7:59 pm

where's "here"?
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 8:36 pm

Don't let TGIFriday's fool you
first mistake.
don't eat there
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 8:40 pm

"Here" is in Portland, Oregon.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 9:46 pm

Anyone had the deep-fried mac and cheese....WTF. TGIF has gone too far.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 10:05 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I have done this...sorta. Basically, you refrigerate your leftover mac n cheese and the next day, cut some into little bite sized pieces. Coat in egg and panko bread crumbs. Then fry that shit in a cast iron. It is unbelievably delicious. The cheese remelts and the panko is all crunchy. I only do this about once a year.
Posted: Sep 18, 2006 10:44 pm

Makes as much sense as deep-frying a carrot.

sliced , deepfried with jogurt garlic sauce makes great sense..really!
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 2:15 am

THESE CAN BE DELICIOUS!!!! This good restaurant here, Park Kitchen, batters them tempura-like, deep fries and serves em in a milkshake glass with a papercone to catch all the grease. Then I think you get an aioli dipping sauce...yum!!!!

You left out something terribly crucial- they are served with BACON. Yes: battered, breaded, deep-fried green beans in a cup with bacon and aioli. Portland is indeed the land of milk & honey.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 2:49 am

i've had tempura fried green beans before, in a japanese restaurant. you just dip them in the same type of soy/tamari/whatever the hell it's called sauce there though. nothing as fancy as an aioli.

i like green beans. but i definitely don't trust tgifriday's to do anything but suck.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 3:15 am

Man, I was so amazed by the delicacy of deep fried green beans in a cone that I somehow missed the bacon!

Yeah. I will miss Portland.
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 3:26 am

fried pickles!
Posted: Sep 19, 2006 5:29 pm

fried pickles!
in mississippi!
Posted: Sep 20, 2006 12:15 am

Are these green beans battered and deep fried? If so, I don't see how they could not be delicious. As I've stated before, you could batter and deep fry a sock and it would taste great.

Oh yeah......the Blue Danube has these, and they are sesame/teriyaki battered goodness.

Anyone had the deep-fried mac and cheese....WTF. TGIF has gone too far.

Same place has this, too, but have not tried. Will have to based on Fiery's recommendation...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®