Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / fried bologna sandwich
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:24 pm

i make these from time to time.
my friends scoff at me til they eat one, then they always ask about when i'm gonna make more.

i like mine with a little mayo and BBQ sauce.
sometimes i go all out and put some cheese on it.
and if its before noon i fry an egg to put on it.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:44 pm

Sounds delicious.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 4:57 pm

saw this on the food network last night.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 5:34 pm

Yum. There is some place in Memphis where I got one of these where the bologna was sliced superthick and BBQ'd in the pan. Anyone know what place(s) does this?
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 6:47 pm

Cozy Corner
745 North Parkway

it's near Manassas and N Parkway.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 9:47 pm | Edited by: fierydrunk

I totally forgot that is where I got that thing--I always get the hen from there cos it is so cute.

I used to work in Hurt Village (RIP) and that was my manipulative grip to getting those crackhead moms to start to trust me...buy em a Cozy Corner lunch.
Posted: Aug 29, 2006 10:35 pm

I like mayo and american cheese on mine. Creamylicous!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:54 am

my roommates who opened the BBQ place always made fried bologna sandwiches... then they started smoking the big bolognas... man those smoked bologna sandwiches on white bread w/ bbq sauce..........to die for!

never had bologna as a kid because my mom thought it was gross. i was a peanut butter & jelly kid.... and ham & cheese... but no bologna, no spam...

now i am catching up!
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 7:09 am

Most bologna is smoked .. Its just emulsified Sausage
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:52 am

i mean smoked AGAIN
you know, as in smoking that great big giant sausage bologna that you slice yourself?

i'm not so versed in the bologna thing... shared my mom's view that it was gross until about 3 years ago
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 9:25 am | Edited by: elle

i used to get that really huge hunka bologna and fry that shit with some red onions and some bbq sauce with a sprinklin' of hot sauce on it. maybe some cheese. put it on bread. yeah.

i'm not really a big bologna fan though. i haven't eaten it in a few years. it can be good when you do it right, but i've eaten too many nasty bologna sandwiches that i really don't even wanna think about eating it anymore. kinda the same way with mac and cheese and pb with grape jelly and hot dogs and ramen noodles. ugh. burnt out.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:07 pm

Testing 123
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 4:07 pm

All my posts I made from work yesterday...didn't post. Hmmmm.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 5:32 pm

bryant's on summer!! yum yum yum
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:35 pm

All my posts I made from work yesterday...didn't post. Hmmmm.
Wondering why you've been so quiet. Hey, I started an Open thread on the other side if you want to discuss. That match between Agassi and Pavel the other night was superb!

Fried bologna was a staple of my childhood. My mother wasn't the greatest cook. She would split it on three sides, and then throw it in a skillet with some oil and then fry it til all the edges were black. We're talking about the bologna in packages from the store here. Then, slap a few slices on white bread and slather with mayonnaise.
I don't much care for bologna now, either.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:43 pm

you know, i had spam for the very first time ever about 3 years ago.
yeah - i know, i'm a freak

but i was eating octopus at a very young age, if that helps the balance....
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 6:52 pm

Wondering why you've been so quiet

I have been more quiet than usual for about a week--but I am only able to stay awake today after two nights of the worst insomnia ever by being engaged in messages here!!!!

Anyone know of nonaddictive options to Ambien???
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 8:00 pm | Edited by: Alisa

I have NEVER had Spam!
Have however had deviled ham and "potted meat".
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:10 pm

I have NEVER had Spam
ditto

tried the F.B.S. on yet another skeptic and my average is perfect. who gave bologna such a bad name?
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:14 pm

Spam is allright if you fry it up. There are places in San Antonio that specialize in the spam taco.
Posted: Aug 30, 2006 11:30 pm

who gave bologna such a bad name?

my bolonga has a first name
its O-S-C-A-R
my bolonga has a second name
its M-A-Y-E-R

ring a bell?
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 2:12 am

how did i know...
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 3:59 pm

lorraine's on the corner of chicago and damen used to have the 'jailbird special': eggs, grits and a THICK(probably 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch) slab of fried bologna, and white bread.
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 4:00 pm

i'm afraid of spam
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 5:15 pm

spam and eggs is a staple in hawaii......mmmmmmmmmmmm

but nothing beats a good fried bologna sammy. unless it's a fried egg samwich
Posted: Aug 31, 2006 9:06 pm

but nothing beats a good fried bologna sammy

unless its pork bbq!
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 9:05 pm

i put a peice of bologna on the grill once..pretty good..add a little a-1 sauce..kinda like a poormans reuben. kind of.
Posted: Sep 3, 2006 9:19 pm

My roomates a mexican and her grandfather makes a kick ass fried spam,egg and cheese plate that you can scoop up with a tortilla.
Posted: Sep 5, 2006 6:36 pm

can we please stop using the word "sammy"?
Posted: Sep 6, 2006 3:40 pm

sammy sammy sammy sammy
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®