Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Anyone ever had buffalo?
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 6:39 am

I just had some for the first time and like it. Must be the Injun blood in me. I'm sure my genes haven't had it in over 100 years. I hear buffalo meat is expensive stuff.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 6:55 am

i've had a hamburger made of buffalo before a long time ago and i remember liking it. but it's been a whiiiiiiile.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 1:21 pm

I had a buffalo chicken fried steak. It was great.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 3:24 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

Good stuff. I ate it a lot when I lived out west. In Denver, it's not unusal to serve a huge bone-in hunk at wedding receptions. That's the best way I've had it. Kind of like really lean and tender beef roast.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 3:26 pm

Tastes like beef.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 4:59 pm

Get it cubed for some stew---delicious. Kinda a winter dish, so remember it.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 5:06 pm

I've had it. I'll stick with the ribeye.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 6:40 pm

buffalo burgers taste alright - just like burgers, but supposedly less fat & cholesterol

i had one in san francisco about 20 years ago, but haven't had buffalo since then - never had the option to....
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 6:51 pm

It was a little dry for my taste. I like cow grease.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 7:11 pm

hi billy!!!
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 7:52 pm

pretty clean beef. i read about this newish breed of bull called a 'belgian blue'. supposedly THE leanest beef you can possibly buy. anyone had any?
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:22 pm

you're a buffalo butt.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 8:40 pm

i had one in san francisco about 20 years ago
Was it at Tommy's Joynt on VanNess?

They sell buffalo in pre-packaged 1lb. packages at Trader Joe's. It's a little pricey, but with the right condiments, it makes a decent burger. There's a place near where I work that serves buffalo and ostrich burgers. Out of the two, I liked the ostrich a little better, but neither were as good as a regular ol' beef burger.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 9:20 pm

i had one in san francisco about 20 years ago
Was it at Tommy's Joynt on VanNess?

it was at a place across the street from the fancy cathedral hill hotel. do you know the place? i took a band there. one of them was a vegetarian it turns out. oops.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 10:17 pm

they sell it at the museum of the american-indian in washington dc. i had it there. really sweet, i remember. i felt weird eating it cause i thought they were pissed we killed them all. the menu said something about making you be at one with god so i order it. god could do better.
Posted: Jun 22, 2006 11:18 pm

it was at a place across the street from the fancy cathedral hill hotel. do you know the place? i took a band there. one of them was a vegetarian it turns out. oops.
I'm pretty sure that'd be Tommy's all right. They were doing buffalo burgers way back in the 70's, when buffalo were practically extinct.
Posted: Jun 26, 2006 8:20 pm

I've had it prepared a couple of ways and it's pretty good. Bison, too.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®