Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / Food & Drink / Viet Hoa Food Market
Posted: May 21, 2006 1:58 am

Don't know if anyone's talked about this place yet... anyone been there? It is amazing!!!

Do not go if: you don't like seeing decapitated fish, live frogs, or live
crawfish. Ya, you can get live crawfish!! We made some the other night, and they were great.

You can also get cheap chicken, meat and veggies and really great salmon and tuna. Beats going to ghetro Kroger.

I haven't been to Lobster King yet... anyone?
Posted: May 21, 2006 10:24 am | Edited by: elle

i love that place. and yes it definitely beats kroghetto.

my boyfriend and i went in there to get crawfish and it was hilarious getting to pick them up with tongs and put them in a bag while they were all creepy crawling around. hahah.

i think the only thing that freaked me out were the eels! as much as i like eel, they wig me out cuz they look like they're gonna squirm right out of that bucket thing. ugh. they look so much like snakes too.

i've been curious about lobster king myself, but thus far not enough to go in there.
Posted: May 21, 2006 4:24 pm

Do they still sell the tofu wrapped in plastic with the white/red label? Made in Houston, I believe? GREAT TOFU!!!!!
Posted: May 21, 2006 9:04 pm

yeah, i don't really like lobster but LOBSTER KING looks like it should rule!

no one adventure ate it yet? where's chuck Viscous when you need him?
Posted: May 28, 2006 2:50 am

Alix etc -- Shaggy and I hung out @ the Viet Hoa a week ago for a story I wrote for the MBJ -- see the pics and read it here:

http://static.flickr.com/44/154482924_d46719fd99_b.jpg

page two:
http://static.flickr.com/66/154482926_389dbf1197_b.jpg
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:19 pm

no one adventure ate it yet? where's chuck Viscous when you need him?

I gave it a try today. Its Hong Kong styled chinese food (lots of seafood). They have dim sum everyday, so I tried a couple of the hostess' recommendations. The "shrimp balls" were awesome, depite the name, and the Sui Mai (pork) was great too. The hostess swore that the chicken feet were great, so I ordered them, but they looked a little too feety so I couldn't get myself to actually eat one.
Posted: Jun 1, 2006 7:44 pm

too feety

ha!
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 12:52 am

Where is it? I wanna go get me some feet.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 5:35 am

Cleveland, between madison and jefferson.
Posted: Jun 2, 2006 1:52 pm

eat my feet!

leslie kelly's blog on the CA has some violently different opinions on this here LOBSTER KING... i don't know if i want to ruin the mystique by actually eating there.

if i do, i will eat feet.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®